• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    I had one of these when I was growing up 25 years ago think my father still has it . Now I am thinking about buying another one. Are the new ones as reliable as the old ones?

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Love the Model 60, I prefer older ones, no certain reason. I wish the 60 had more aftermarket accessories, IMHO I think that would make it better than the 10/22. [flamesuit on]

Fathouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Franklin, Indiana USA
    I just bought a new one a few days ago. Seems like a good little shooter. I have already put a few hundred rounds thur it :)

I did pull the whole thing apart and deburred and polished the bolt/feed ramp etc.

Fathouse

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am going to say they are not as reliable... we get them in the shop all the time for jamming issues... our theory is that newer ammo doesnt have the same pressurecure/burn rates and causes issues w/ the longer bolt travels. minimags cure the problem about 70 percent of the time. they either run w/ minimags or they wont run w/ anything. that said your chances of getting one that runs good is pretty decent, but dont be suprised if you have issues.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Mine was xmas gift in 78, the same year it was built. Seeing newer one's, I'd try to find an older model. The older one's have no plastic and higher capacity tube. Mine will jam if I'm running something without a jacket on it, think Thunderbolt.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    For the money they are hard to beat. But if I were to do it over I think I would go with a Ruger 10/22. They hold their value better. Just my 2 cents

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    I own mod 60 and 10/22 . Mod 60 is good lil rifle however it only really shines with CCI SGBs which im not sure that they make any longer. As stated earlier on this thread if it doesn't shoot CCIs it probably isn't going to shoot anything. I would save a few more pennys and go with a 10/22:twocents:.

Top Bottom