• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Went down to the range this evening and seen where they had been doing some logging there. Does anyone know, are they planning on adding another range or are they just selling off some lumber? I went walking back in there and it goes back quite a ways and also up the hill side. Also, does anyone know how the fishing is in the lake by the entrance?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I think the plan is right now to go 200 and eventually go farther, Who knows the board doesn't deem it neciassary to give members a say or keep us informed beyond what they think our brains can handle

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think the plan is right now to go 200 and eventually go farther, Who knows the board doesn't deem it neciassary to give members a say or keep us informed beyond what they think our brains can handle

Wow! I always thought all members were invited to the monthly board meetings.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    This has been on the News page of the Martinsville Conservation Club Web Site. It has been on there for a few Weeks

Loggers on site
    Posted on May 21, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    In April and May 2012, logging equipment will be on site working in an area beyond pistol ranges 2 and 3. Area being cleared will become a future 300 yard rifle range...actual availability date not yet known, but will be announced here when it is.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Thanks guys, I looked on the MCC website but I couldn't find anything out. I appreciate the replies. I am REALLY looking forward to the 300 yard range!!!! Love the club!!!

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Not tryin to steal the post but curious as to how you join the martinsville range? Looking for a place close by to shoot and I saw that they were not taking members till next year? :rolleyes: Closest one too me is a range that is only open 2 days per week and cost like $400+ to join (no way).

There is one in freedom that doesnt look bad but that is not really close and does cost about 350-400 (looks like a nice place though) (Oh and my father is a member).

Last edited:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not tryin to steal the post but curious as to how you join the martinsville range? Looking for a place close by to shoot and I saw that they were not taking members till next year? :rolleyes: Closest one too me is a range that is only open 2 days per week and cost like $400+ to join (no way).

There is one in freedom that doesnt look bad but that is not really close and does cost about 350-400 (looks like a nice place though) (Oh and my father is a member).

A prayer and camp out in front of the gate on Dec,31 2012 is the only advice I can give ya. They dont seem to have many new members every year since the current members renew there membership annually.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    A number of years ago I went there to hunt, this had to be 15 years ago or so. There was a trailer (mobile home) at the front of the place so we go up and knock on the door and ask how we can get permission to deer hunt there. The guy answered the door was apparently living there. He had a house arrest ankle bracelet on and charged us $15 or $20 each to join, filled out a membership card or something and gave us that for our money. I remember we went up the hill a ways and sat and waited on the deer....after a few hours we got bored and left...the thing that sticks in my mind was the number of deer carcasses we encountered all over the place there, just laying on the ground....stripped of meat in most case.

Has it changed since then? We never went back.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Totally different now. Electronic pass cards to get in the gate. Really a nice setup. With Dad fighting cancer and dying last year, I didn't get there once. However, I think the $75 was well spent, just to stay being a member to use this year.

Although, not a great place for hunting squirrel. Chipmonks everywhere, but I couldn't find a squirrel for my nephew to hit to save my life. :D

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Totally different now. Electronic pass cards to get in the gate. Really a nice setup. With Dad fighting cancer and dying last year, I didn't get there once. However, I think the $75 was well spent, just to stay being a member to use this year.

Although, not a great place for hunting squirrel. Chipmonks everywhere, but I couldn't find a squirrel for my nephew to hit to save my life. :D

I squirrel hunt in Morgan Monroe...just take a nice walk through the woods and you will see plenty of squirrels.

Top Bottom