• ...and so much more!
  • indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Great News !!!
    Marion Co. Fish & Game has invested in two new PAT Traps. The first machine was installed last Thursday. (a BIG Thanks to John Harden, Cliff Burlew, Mel Millikan, Monte Conover, and of course Nathanial & Malek).
    We will now be capable of throwing Doubles on Both Fields and Wobble Trap on the North Field. We will setup for Doubles as soon as we get a squad and will keep throwing them until everyone has had their fill. Same for Wobble. If you haven't shot Wobble Trap come out and give it a try, it's a hoot! Of course we will keep the adjacent field set for Singles and Handicap unless Everyone present wants to shoot Doubles or Wobble.
    Still only $4.50 for 25 Targets. Doubles can be shot as a 50 Target (5 pair per station) or 24 Target (2 Pair on 3 Stations and 3 pair on 2 Stations) Event.
    For directions and info about MCF&G go to http://www.indyrange.org

Last edited:

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Wobbles sounds like some thing I can do good at.
    Yeah, and in Wobble you get a second shot if you miss.....of course they are going a bit faster and can be as low as skimming the ground or as high as a moonshot. Like I said it's a hoot, and we plan on shooting Wobble this Thursday.... 5 till 10PM under the lights.......

Last edited:

wolfy25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Indy
    My three guests and I had a great time tonight. The wobbles and doubles are great as they add more variety/games. Thanks to all who help run the match.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Thanks for the hospitality tonight; it was fun to shoot a round of trap with you guys.
    Glad you came out. Good shooting with you too, but you didn't have to show everyone on the squad up, now did you?

Shot our first round of Wobble. It was great. After a couple minutes making an adjustment to the new machine, we were throwing everything from birds that took some gopher heads off to ones that looked like a moon launch. A great time for all...

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Glad you came out. Good shooting with you too, but you didn't have to show everyone on the squad up, now did you?

Shot our first round of Wobble. It was great. After a couple minutes making an adjustment to the new machine, we were throwing everything from birds that took some gopher heads off to ones that looked like a moon launch. A great time for all...

I look forward to shooting some Wobble trap with you guys in the future. In the meantime, I've got to sort out a better way to minimize recoil. I broke my collar bone in my right shoulder as a teenager, and I'm still a little recoil sensitive due to the way the bone healed. Just that 1 round of trap still has me a little sore on Saturday... I've got to try some 1 oz loads and a trap vest if I'm going to be able to shoot much more.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I look forward to shooting some Wobble trap with you guys in the future. In the meantime, I've got to sort out a better way to minimize recoil. I broke my collar bone in my right shoulder as a teenager, and I'm still a little recoil sensitive due to the way the bone healed. Just that 1 round of trap still has me a little sore on Saturday... I've got to try some 1 oz loads and a trap vest if I'm going to be able to shoot much more.
    You can try my gun. It has a Phil Simms' Pro Soft recoil system custom stock. Only the barrel and receiver move with recoil, nothing in the shoulder.

Top Bottom