• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Trap Update - Both PAT Traps are out of the houses and the houses are clean.

Thanks to Patrick W., Steve B., and Don B. for making that happen efficiently and safely!

When Trapshooting returns, hopefully in early Spring, we will have a new North trap line with a 27 Yard Line and new houses on both fields. I can't wait, it will be great. But I can't help but think of all the shooters who toed the line on the old north field. Many State and a few National Champions and many Hall of Fame members with names like Phil Shirk, Melvin 'Pat' Wolfe, Charlie Vise, the Pooles, Veldon Smith, and more recent women's state champ Britney Harden, and many more I can't think of as I write. The thought of that old concrete being removed is a bit sad, but the fact is that prior to the berms, from the 1940's until the early 1990's the South field was the one that saw the most action and was the only field for a long time, and for us that revere the past, that concrete field will remain in tact.

Thanks again for all who shoot at and support MCF&G. I'll miss our Christmas Eve and New Years Eve night trap shooting this year, and even those cold -4° nights in the dead of Winter when only the diehards show up. But we will be back, soon, and even better than ever.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
    Mark - Trap Director MCF&G, MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range

Last edited:

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Perhaps the website has this info but :

What kind of shoots ? I.E. 10 round or 25 round "events"
    What type of "games" are shot ? I.E. Annie Oakleys, etc.
    Is it cheaper to shoot if you are a member ?

I guess the simple question is what should a first time shooter expect ?

Thanks in advance

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    What kind of shoots ? I.E. 10 round or 25 round "events" - Most of the time 25 targets per round, we will shoot a 24 target doubles round if people don't want to shoot a full 50
    What type of "games" are shot ? I.E. Annie Oakleys, etc. - Whatever you want, but most of the time the guys want to shoot a Piece and Protect.
    Is it cheaper to shoot if you are a member ? - No, $4.50 per 25 target round for everyone.

I guess the simple question is what should a first time shooter expect - Lots of encouragement and instruction.

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Sure looks different. Both trap houses are gone and so is all of the wind break and half of the concrete. Looks like they are making great headway.

Top Bottom