• chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    MCFG Members and Guests:
    Please help us keep the trash picked up in a few key areas on the range:

1) Dumpster Area: This is visitors first impression of our club as they pull in the road, and what our neighbors look at every day. We need to keep this area clean, even if it is someone else's litter in this area. I picked up a trash can full of stuff that probably fell out while the trash truck was unloading, and some cans that are likely litter of people driving by. Either way, we need everybody's help in keeping this picked up.

2) Trashcans: Please pitch in and carry full trash bags to the trash trailer. Please keep in mind that Cliff is an unpaid volunteer, so any help we can give him keeping the range clean would be much appreciated.

3) Trash Trailer: Please keep things bagged and picked up around the trash trailer. Again, we set the expectation for our guests, so if we've got trash everywhere, people visiting our range are going to thing this is normal.

Thanks to everybody that is already helping, and thanks for taking the time to read my post!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    After posting this, I grabbed a couple trash bags and picked up everything by the dumpster. Please watch this area close and help us keep it tidy so that we keep our neighbors happy, and portray a positive image.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    After posting this, I grabbed a couple trash bags and picked up everything by the dumpster. Please watch this area close and help us keep it tidy so that we keep our neighbors happy, and portray a positive image.

Thanks for putting feet and hands to the problem instead of just posting about it.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No problem. Yesterday I was on vacation, so I had the time to do it. Moving forward, I hope this thread helps us get some more help from our members so that we keep things clean.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I read the OP when it was originally posted and thought I 'd make a conscientious effort everytime I visit.
    Shot there today and the two bays had overflowing trash bins(2) and alot of used cardboard and trash on the ground. So I thought this was an opportunity to help out.
    The first trash can had a trash bag in it. This made life easier! The second one did not. No problem.... I unchained the can and loaded it on the back of my truck. I also picked up all the cardboard and loaded that too. Ordinarily not anproblem but wet cardboard dissintegrates easily! Now where's this dumpster I remember reading about? Not st the main range or out buildings. I see the wooden trailer with the barely legible word 'Trash' on it (faded paint). Oh well, I guess the dumpster at the top of the hill before the gate.
    This dumpster is LOCKED and there are no sliding panels to access it!
    Back to the trash trailer where I deposit my load. As I am just finishing up I pick up one last soggy box and there's two empty trash bags in it ( must have blown/ fell off the trailer).
    Back to the bays, rechained the trash cans and lids, new trash bags inserted and I was able to pick up the remaining loose trash strewn about.
    Mission accomplished (somewhat).
    1) Sorry for some of the loose trash in the trailer.
    2) You need more trash bags
    3) I have always used the bins in the past, but never found the need to empty them since they were not full. Cliff does a great job keeping the place clean.
    4) I have packed a couple of extra 55 gal trash bags in my range bag ready for my next trip, just in case ....

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just a quick reminder to please pitch in, especially over the busy holiday weekend. I was at the range today and emptied 3 trash cans; all were filled to the brim. Any help that people could give would be much appreciated.

I talked to our club Secretary this afternoon and he let me know that we'll be having a landscaping company come in and help with the trash weekly to give us even more help. This should be starting in the next few weeks. That being said, please make sure you continue to pitch in. It is only with all of us pulling together that we will build and maintain a world-class facility.

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    The "critters" have been into the food scrap filled trash bags that were piled on top of the trash trailer. Any effort to re-bag the trash is wasted without a secure "critter proof" container to put the full bags in.
    I and several others would be glad to help out with picking up the trash but there isn't any place to put it. The trailer is full (was full Monday) with more trash bags and empty clay target boxes piled on top of the lid.

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Just got back from MCFG I picked up all the trash around the trash trailer. If you visit MCFG please take home all your own trash this will help keep all of MCFG looking good

Thank You

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Alien concept?

Just got back from MCFG I picked up all the trash around the trash trailer. If you visit MCFG please take home all your own trash this will help keep all of MCFG looking good

Thank You

This. :yesway: Everything I take to the range,MCF&G, or any other range goes home with me (except the bullets and shot)! :D It is really so quick and easy to just clean up after yourself. I would hate to visit the homes of some of the members and guests if this is representative of how they live. :dunno: Remember folks your mother does not live here and will not be picking up after you! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DONB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    This. :yesway: Everything I take to the range,MFC&G, or any other range goes home with me (except the bullets and shot)! :D It is really so quick and easy to just clean up after yourself. I would hate to visit the homes of some of the members and guests if this is representative of how they live. :dunno: Remember folks your mother does not live here and will not be picking up after you! :rolleyes:

Thank you Vince for doing your part for keeping MCFG a cleaner place

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The "critters" have been into the food scrap filled trash bags that were piled on top of the trash trailer. Any effort to re-bag the trash is wasted without a secure "critter proof" container to put the full bags in.
    I and several others would be glad to help out with picking up the trash but there isn't any place to put it. The trailer is full (was full Monday) with more trash bags and empty clay target boxes piled on top of the lid.

I appreciate your feedback and I have discussed it with several members on the Board. The Board is working to:
    1) Get the trash trailer emptied completely on a weekly basis
    2) Fix up the trash trailer to minimize the potential of animals getting inside

We have talked about buying a new trash trailer, but want to see how items #1 and #2 play out before we invest club capital on buying a new trailer.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Top Bottom