• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's official! I was at the range yesterday and somebody let me know that they saw a crack in one of the targets that we installed ~1.5 years ago. I did a close up inspection and saw this:

It's anybody's guess, but we're thinking that these targets have been shot with 20,000-50,000 rounds (each) since we installed them!
    If they were my personal targets, I probably wouldn't have experienced that much wear in 10 years. They've probably not experienced the most perfect existence (bolts sometimes too tight), but they've performed flawlessly and we're really happy with them. They got a little dishpanned, and we flipped them several times in an effort to maximize their lifespan.

Thanks to Bobcat Steel for making such good products, and thanks to all the MCFG members and programs that helped pay for them!

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    That is more than a lifetime of shooting for one target for me. Not saying I don't shoot that much total in a lifetime, but I can't imagine shooting at one particular target 20,000++ times in my life. Your experience may vary but I consider Bobcat Steel to be a lifetime target if used for personal use.
    That is great!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yah, you can see how beat up the stand is right below the target... The stand was NOT made by Bobcat Steel; it was some cold-rolled steel that we used to make some stands.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Good to see those pistol bays are getting good use!

I have 8", 10", and 12" targets with single holes in stock if you need/want to replace it.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'll check our stock. I think we have some spares from our previous order, but if not I will let you know. Thanks again for making quality products. I hope we wear out many more :)

Top Bottom