• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dw357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I have low rings on my new rra with an ace skeleton stock and I have to cock my head sideways to look down the scope. I am working out a deal with a guy for some bases and high rings. If my scope is waaay to low now would high rings be what I want?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    your scope can not be to low. you want as low as you can get and still have everything clear the rifle.

i think you need to adjust your hold of the rifle. if your tilting your head you wont be getting a proper consistant cheak weld

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    A lot depends on your build. If you are a person with what would be termed a "long neck" it might be difficult for you to get down low enough for the short bases. The medium may work better for you but generally is not "optimum" for the differential between bore line of sight and scope tube sight.

Think of it as the spacing with either an over/under or side by side shotgun.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    your scope can not be to low. you want as low as you can get and still have everything clear the rifle.

i think you need to adjust your hold of the rifle. if your tilting your head you wont be getting a proper consistant cheak weld

This, exactly. I hate seeing a bolt action gun with the scope sitting an inch above the barrel.

But with that being said, I need an extra high ring on my AR's.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have low rings on my new rra with an ace skeleton stock and I have to cock my head sideways to look down the scope. I am working out a deal with a guy for some bases and high rings. If my scope is waaay to low now would high rings be what I want?

Which eye are you using? If the butt of the gun is against your right shoulder, you should be looking through the scope with your right eye. Opposite if the gun is on your left shoulder.

Don't laugh at me asking, because up at EPCR, I have seen more rifle shooters than I can count, sighting through a rifle scope with the wrong eye for the side they are holding the gun on.

Top Bottom