• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good for the COs.

Personally, I hope that the mopes get everything with them confiscated & sold. Vehicle & all contents.

-J-

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sound like the typical bunch of idiots. Trespassing to start with, then they shoot something that they have no clue as to what it is. Mountain lion.... bobcat.... really? But it is just a misdemeanor so probably no real punishment. They at least need a good arse whooping'.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I've only seen one once, but it was impressive. I'm sure sightings are getting more common. I always wanted a tamed one - it might make a good guard cat.

I read a story in the local paper about a guy that found a baby Bobcat laying on the ground in a land clearing operation. He took it home and raised it. As I recall, it was mainly outdoors. It eventually wandered to some park in the area where a teenager was walking. The cat kept following her, made some (growling?) noises, would sit next to her when she stopped, etc. She apparently thought it was going to kill her, so she called 911. Apparently it did not kill her. The animal control officer knew something was up when it kept playing with the leash/noose or whatever it is they use to catch animals. This was maybe Warrick county if I remember? I think the story was in the Crawford County paper though.

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I have to agree with the others...have had lots of issues with idiots tress passing and also poachers. I was hunting a beautiful 180" class buck on year. Had him patterned out prior to bow season and looked forward to opening day. The first five days of the season, I couldn't figured out why I didn't see him until one day I was walking out of the bean field and tripped over him. Someone shot him from the road at night, cut off his antlers and left him there to rot. It was heartbreaking! I have no respect for idiots who tress pass or poach like those guys. If a guy was going through hard times and was trying to put food on the table for his family, I can see him maybe taking an extra deer to feed his kids but these guys....no respect for them!

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    My former boss knows a CEO from a local company who was elk hunting in colorado. For some reason, this rocket scientist saw a huge black bear and decided to shoot it (even though he didn't have a tag). Long story short, he was taking it back to camp and got popped by the CO's. Spent six months in jail and spent nearly $30k in legal fees and fines. Makes you wonder what some guys are thinking....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Licenses

They issue licenses to fools just the same as non-fools. Sometimes you can't tell the difference until they are tramping around in the woods (or Broad Ripple ;)) with a gun.

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Shoot the poachers and dump the moratorium on bobcats in Indiana.

It's been long enough and there is plenty to open a season on them now.

Just more bunny hugging liberal crap that they are allowed to get away with.

ylwfever69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Greenwood
    Well those guys don't sound like the brightest crayons in the box. Not only were they illegally hunting a bobcat but they were trespassing too. Smoke another one idiots.

Top Bottom