• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Have any of you tried metal dectecting? Do you do it as a hobby? What brand of detector would you say is best? Whats the most interesting thing you have found?

I've thought I'd like to have one if for nothing else finding things that I've lost, like arrows that missed the target and buried in the grass or a tool or screw I've dropped. I thought I'd like to have a Mine Lab but do you get a good one and then end up deciding you don't enjoy it or not using it much? How do you justify spending the cash? Anyone have any experience with these things?

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    we have 2 WHITE'S that work great......we have found rings, nugget gold and an old blunder bust.....if your looking i have 1 for sale

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    I'm an avid detectorist.

Started around 8 years ago back in NY. I run a Minelab Sovereign with a 5" excelerator coil or a stock Minelab 8" coil for searching deeper targets topped off with one of the sunray digital meters.

I have found some cool stuff everywhere from Continental Army Encampments to silver coins at a turn of the century swimming hole.

It's a fun hobby and I used to hunt with a guy from Crown Point that has actually found a couple coin caches from old farm house homesteads here in IND.

The stuff is out there, ya just got to find it. :yesway:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Once you determine which brand you want... Hit up pawn shops to see if they have what you want. Might get a decent price break on it.

The pawn shop near US 31 / Stop 13 on the far south side of Indy had 1 the other day... Must've been a high dollar one, I'm pretty sure that there was a price tag of $850 on it.

-J-

Top Bottom