• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I heard about this on the radio yesterday; they were saying the highway was closed due to a stand-off... I wondered what was going on.

Talk about excellent restraint on the part of the police... sounds like they had some top notch officers working the scene if none of them returned fire after that...
    Krout then fired a shot from his handgun out the front passengers window just after 5:30 a.m.The shot was not in the vicinity of where the officers were staged and police did not return fire.

Another victim of the gov't war machine waging a war on a victimless crime.

Meh, debate it all you want, the fact of the matter is that this was not the result of a victimless crime and regardless of the reason an officer is trying to pull you over, if you try to flee, they will follow. The end result had very little to do with the fact that this is a "victimless crime" in your words; he tried to flee from officers, brandished a firearm multiple times, shot it out the window of his car, and only after taking a defensive stance and pointing it at police did they return fire. If you do the same thing after an officer tries to pull you over for not signaling a turn the result will be the same.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say there is a strong chance this guy was high on drugs and those drugs caused him to do things he wouldn't have done if he weren't high... do you call that victimless? Sounds to me like this guy was a victim of being drawn into the drug culture and lost his life because of it... have you ever had anybody close to you fall prey to drugs and see how it completely wrecks their lives and the lives of their loved ones? Drug addiction is NOT victimless...

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I work with the officers involved. Had I been on duty that night, I would have been involved in it but i was burning a day off before the end of the year.
    All the guys there are definitely top notch officers. I hope they're not affected long term after the choice they were forced to make.

JMoses

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    I heard about this on the radio yesterday; they were saying the highway was closed due to a stand-off... I wondered what was going on.

Talk about excellent restraint on the part of the police... sounds like they had some top notch officers working the scene if none of them returned fire after that...

Meh, debate it all you want, the fact of the matter is that this was not the result of a victimless crime and regardless of the reason an officer is trying to pull you over, if you try to flee, they will follow. The end result had very little to do with the fact that this is a "victimless crime" in your words; he tried to flee from officers, brandished a firearm multiple times, shot it out the window of his car, and only after taking a defensive stance and pointing it at police did they return fire. If you do the same thing after an officer tries to pull you over for not signaling a turn the result will be the same.

I'm going to step out on a limb here and say there is a strong chance this guy was high on drugs and those drugs caused him to do things he wouldn't have done if he weren't high... do you call that victimless? Sounds to me like this guy was a victim of being drawn into the drug culture and lost his life because of it... have you ever had anybody close to you fall prey to drugs and see how it completely wrecks their lives and the lives of their loved ones? Drug addiction is NOT victimless...

I agree, I was joking. I figured it should be said before some nut case came in the thread and said it.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I saw this earlier, and thought at the time that this guy was either intentionally doing suicide by cop or was in the single digit IQ range. Either way, I praise all the officers involved and hope none of them suffer after making the right decision in a tough situation.

Top Bottom