• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    I will be shooting the match but thought some here may be interested, and I will gladly share the FUN.

For a full details see this tread

Michigan 1st annual Precision Rifle Steel Challenge UPDATE Registration Open!

A very brief over view from the above post...

All targets will be steel from 1/2 moa to reduced IPSC targets. The match will incorporate shooting from cover, semi-trailers, vehicles, multiple barricades, weak side unsupported, and thought process shots. With distances out to 650 yards.

This match requires 1 moa rifle and turret adjustable scope, 10x or better. Rough count on rounds is 100. 223 to 300 win mag only. It’s advised that competitors have good data and good zeros. Must also have a range finding reticle and basic knowledge of how reticle and turrets work to accurately range and engage targets. Data books highly recommended with correct dope.

The dates are 9-27-13 thru 9-28-13 and the match will beheld at BWSA in Port Huron.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    This sounds like it'd be really cool. Doubt my 6.5 Grendel will be built by then, let alone have a data book and dope figured out. Good luck.

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    A big thanks to Blue Water Sportsman’s Association and Staff for putting on Michigan’s first annual long range precision steel match. Also, much thanks to the sponsors for donating prizes, funds and/or labor to make it even better. Spend your money here: Pierce Engineering, Miles High Shooting,Benchmark Barrels, Euro Optic, Kampfeld Custom, Allegheny Sniper Challenge(ASC), Marksmanship Training Center (MTC), Turners Tactical Arms, OperationParts.com and Oakland Tactical.

I wish I had a picture of the prize rifle that Pierce Engineering put together with his action and the AICS stock from Miles HighShooting with a 243 barrel from Benchmark Barrels... that was a beautiful rifle.

For most of us it was our first rifle match and we all left with area’s to improve our shooting from the experience and tips given by fellow competitors and range staff... Everyone left with a prize and many new friendships. It was a truly great experience.

A fellow competitor making hits while I ponder how to best support the rifle and dope the wind
    TM4.jpg

Team Poodle (first three tails, mine being the third LOL)
    TM2.jpg

What’s about 40,000 in equipment look like!?!
    TM5.jpg

Niles Coyote

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    S.W. Michigan
    "I wish I had a picture of the prize rifle that Pierce Engineering put together with his action and the AICS stock from Miles HighShooting with a 243 barrel from Benchmark Barrels... that was a beautiful rifle."

I do now
    IMG_3665_zps938d7921.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom