• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Not sure if that is correct. Anyways so a guy on here listed a knife for sale. In the pictures there was a gun and I knife. The price of the item was in the 300 dollar range and I thought he was selling the gun. And could not believe he actually ment the knife. So he sent me a link to info on these microtech knifes and I must admit im impressed. I don't collect knifes in any way but I have always carried a pocket knife since I was about 10 or so and never gave it much thought. When one would break I would just get another 10 dollar knife from the flee market and continue on my way. I do have some desire to acquire some big long swords in the future but never even thought of something like this. But after watching some youtubes of these knifes im interested. Still a little steep on the price but they are nice looking and I like the double action single action part.

Do any of you own one of these and how much have you paid for a nice knife?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Not sure if that is correct. Anyways so a guy on here listed a knife for sale. In the pictures there was a gun and I knife. The price of the item was in the 300 dollar range and I thought he was selling the gun. And could not believe he actually ment the knife. So he sent me a link to info on these microtech knifes and I must admit im impressed. I don't collect knifes in any way but I have always carried a pocket knife since I was about 10 or so and never gave it much thought. When one would break I would just get another 10 dollar knife from the flee market and continue on my way. I do have some desire to acquire some big long swords in the future but never even thought of something like this. But after watching some youtubes of these knifes im interested. Still a little steep on the price but they are nice looking and I like the double action single action part.

If it is the Microtech knife sitting on a CZ handgun in the classified ads, it is a Microtech Combat Troodon model, and not a Halo model. Microtech auto OTF knives start around the $200 range (UTX-70 model) and can easily go over $2000 for a Anthony Marfione (owner of Microtech) custom. In extreme cases, there are a few models in the $5000 to $10,000 range (giant halo, giant scarab, and giant ultratech models).

Note: I'm a direct dealer with Microtech

Last edited:

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah I never even heard of these till the one listed on here. That is some crazy prices. Is there any thing special about the edge and material. The video was a nutfancy one and it had me second guessing my usual way of thinking of knifes. What other brands are comparable to these and do u sell other types?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yeah I never even heard of these till the one listed on here. That is some crazy prices. Is there any thing special about the edge and material. The video was a nutfancy one and it had me second guessing my usual way of thinking of knifes. What other brands are comparable to these and do u sell other types?

Nothing really special about them, but for a production knife, they are high quality designs, use quality materials, and are USA made with a life time warranty. For D/A (double action) OTF knives, the Benchmade Infidel models are comparable, and the H&K Epidemic and Turmoil models are pretty good. H&K OTF knives are made by Benchmade in the same factory as the Benchmade knives, and carry the life time Benchmade warranty. I'm a direct dealer with Benchmade. Piranha makes some very nice D/A OTF knives, with the Excaliber model being one that most people know about. I don't carry Piranha knives.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I own more than several Microtechs now. Highly recommended.

I am a big fan of the UTX-70 as it is courthouse legal where I am.

I follow this rule on knives: the smaller the knife, the more it is used. The bigger the knife, the more it is displayed.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    A HALO V sells for $545 brand new....
    That being said it is a reasonable amount for the high end materials, machining and general awesome quality Microtech produces. That being said I have paid 1000+ for a custom knife and it was worth every penny.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Microtech makes an excellent product. Top notch materials, great / finish & attention to detail. If your in the market for an out the front auto, I wouldn't buy anything else.

In regards to the price, nice stuff isn't cheap. The same goes for knives. I've got several that cost more than some of my firearms. It's a tool I use a lot, so spending some money for a quality one is fine by me.

Top Bottom