• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    My youngest son wants some camo for Christmas. All I can find are hunting styles in stores. Do the surplus stores on the east side carry more military grade patterns? Will I have luck finding adult large clothing before Christmas locally?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Don't know about local but you can let your itchy trigger fingers do the walking at:

sportsmansguide.com
    tacticalgear.com

And probably a host of other sites. Good luck in your search.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Indianapolis Army Navy on 21st and Arlington used to have all kinds of military camo. I haven't been in there in a while though but assume they still do. They are still open.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Don't know about local but you can let your itchy trigger fingers do the walking at:

sportsmansguide.com
    tacticalgear.com

And probably a host of other sites. Good luck in your search.

I ordered a few things online from tactical gear but it doesn't look like it'll arrive by Christmas.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Washington street is a safe bet. Good selection but sometimes they seem to be a little proud of some items.

Bob

Sitting outside waiting for them to open. I can't worry about the price. As we all know, necessity is never a bargain. I'm guilty of being the last minute gift dad so I'm kinda used to it by now.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Indianapolis Army Navy on 21st and Arlington used to have all kinds of military camo. I haven't been in there in a while though but assume they still do. They are still open.

They are still open and have actually made some great improvements. Depends what kind of camo you are looking for but they have several types. Kind of a cool old neighborhood shop that has been around forever. I have bought a crap ton of camping gear in there. I live pretty close so I stop in and chew the fat every few weeks

Edit- BTW they are only open 9a-6p. Oh and a tiny little food joint out front has about the best philly cheesesteak I have ever had in my life

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Ended up stopping by both places. 21st street store definitely had more new stuff and was more organized than the Washington Street store. Neither seemed excessively priced for true surplus but both were expensive if you wanted new. I picked up a few things from both buy in the future I'll definitely be ordering online.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Buying online would be cheaper, but I don't mind dropping a few extra bucks at my neighborhood surplus store especially since all three or four employees are veterans & good people.

Top Bottom