Milsurps Suck!! (military surplus rifles/arms)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BACKLASH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    ECI
    I have had several Mosins over the years (still have two) but i would love to find a Fin at a decent price. My buddy just picked one up and it is a tack driver as reported by others on INGO. I have seen quit a few ex-sniper Mosins passing thru a local big box shop lately. But the prices on all Mosis hve jumped lately and i think i will wait for the Fin!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    "Milsurps Suck!!" ??? Them's fightin' words!!!

WWIICollectionUSBritFrRusGerJapIt.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Milsurps Suck!!" ??? Them's fightin' words!!!

WWIICollectionUSBritFrRusGerJapIt.jpg

I think I'm drooling a little. My goal is to have a collection like yours at least one each of every major power! That last one looks very familiar seems like I've seen that one before...didn't I see a Dallas Police officer holding one of those up in the air in 1963?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not a big collector of commie block or middle east stuff. Just my preference, no Judgement. Other than the 8mm Mauser, I have never seen any milsurp stuff that had anywhere near as strong of recoil pulse as an "03 Springfield. You also have to take into consideration that a 5'4" doughboy weighing in at 135 lbs shot those springfields through combat. When I see a 6', 255 lb man talking about the recoil from a Mosin Nagant I cannot help but think that the men of 100 years ago were a little tougher than now.

No matter what model of rifles you like, the stuff from the more advanced countries is far better quality. Swedish, Swiss and of course the USA made better stuff than places where barefoot men throw hardwood logs into earthen furnaces.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This thread is making me want to drag some of my Mil-Surps out of the safe.

Maybe we should put together a good guys v bad guys Mil-Surp postal match. I used to shoot the ones on surplusrifle.com all the time.

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I had two late model unissued Finnish Nagant m39s (sneaks). A couple of the finest barrels I've seen. Built like a tank and about as heavy.

9MillSBR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love milsurp although ammo prices for Japanese rifles is a riot.

I would never trade my Mosin. I'm still surprised when I go to the range I usually get 2-3 people come behind me and ask what I am shooting because it is so concussive.

Thats my ride or die M44

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I love milsurp although ammo prices for Japanese rifles is a riot.

I found two of my surplus rifles at the same place same time, and for a steal.
    One of them is a type 99 Ariska with the anti-aircraft sights and an intact and unmolested mum.
    Just weeks later I attended an auction with a friend. I only went because he asked for company.
    I found a set of 7.7x58Jap dies for $15.
    A week after that I found a gun shop that had brand new Prvi-Partisan brass cased 7.7x58 Jap ammo for $17 P/20rnds.
    I bought all they had, 180 rounds.

I don't shoot it a lot, but it is a lot of fun.

Top Bottom