• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    What type of mags are you all running on your Mini 14? I have been sticking with factory Ruger, but they are expensive. What non-Ruger mags do you like.
    just to clarify Im shooting a newer model Ranch Rifle in stainless/synthetic.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    What type of mags are you all running on your Mini 14? I have been sticking with factory Ruger, but they are expensive. What non-Ruger mags do you like.
    just to clarify Im shooting a newer model Ranch Rifle in stainless/synthetic.

CDNN sells some after market mini-14 mags, i think they're call BLACK WARRIORS, ask them:dunno:

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Pull the trigger on the idea of Ruger factory mags. And, when it's time to hit the submit button, put your finger on the enter key, and close your eyes as you hit [enter] on the keyboard. It might help ease any further urge to 'flinch' as your pay the higher price.

Try to go past the substitutes, and get these!

The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I own some 20 rnd and 40 rnd after market mags and they did not work when I first bought them but after some tweaking to the feed lips on the mag they actually have worked 100% but I must say stick to the 20 round mags they are much more reliable from the get go. Can't tell you what brand they are I picked them up at the 1500 several years ago.

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    PMI if you can find them. It was/is a subsidiary of Punch Press Products, but the AWB scared them off. Please email the president of the company, CJ Matiszik @ cj@punch-press.com & tell him that you'd like to see them drag the tooling out of storage, and get 'em rolling, again. He posted on PerfectUnion.com that He's interested in what the market is.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I used to swear by Ruger factory mags but I recently picked up a couple of the Tapco mags. TAPCO Magazine Mini-14 223 Remington 30-Round Polymer Black - MidwayUSA Both functioned properly in both my blued and stainless models, (the SS models seem to be a little more picky with after market mags than the blued). They fed properly and locked the bolt on the last round. They have worked so well I picked up another 4. Your experiences may differ but it couldn't hurt to try one and see if it works for you. At less than half the price of factory mags it's worth a try.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Ruger factory. :yesway:

Maybe slightly more expensive that the others, but what are you paying for? Bang, bang, bang, etc. Not bang, bank, "sunofa%&^%!"

ol' poke

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've never tried the Tapco mag. I have some aftermarket mags like USA ect. They are prone to having problems, some moreso than others. For that reason I only use them for plinking.
    I keep an Alice web gear setup loaded with Ruger 20 rounders for a SHTF situation. Those are the only ones that I really trust.

hereyee3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Ruger only

I've used only factory mags. I've not seen any reference around the internet with anyone have sustained luck with anything other than factory mags. Would be nice to find some but Ruger seems to have a lock on this and their mounts.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Thanks for the input everyone. Seems like I will be sticking with my factory mags unless I get some freebies or something to try before I buy.

Top Bottom