• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I checked several other news sites and most had either the same title or one very similar, so whether you like/dislike Fox is irrelevant.

25 arrested at California conservative meeting - FoxNews.com

This one would imply that 25 conservatives were arrested at a meeting, when really it was protesters who crossed the street. The other troubling thing was that there were police dressed in "riot gear"....why? I mean I realize that certain groups get a little "over zealous" and go off the deep end, but why are police in riot gear protecting a private event?

Calif. Man Accused in Plot on Michigan Mosque - FoxNews.com

This one should be in the "I'm an idiot" bin of the news....this guy tried to "blow up" a mosque with fireworks.......really? Am I to believe that a 63 year old man (who spent most of his time at a Veteran's of Foreign Wars bar), drove from SouCal to Detriot, with a carload of fireworks, to blow up a mosque? The fireworks apparently "includ[ed] M-80s, which are outlawed in Michigan". So....he was going to blow up a mosque with M-80's?!?!? The police chief 'said Stockham has "a long history of anti-government activities,' though he declined to elaborate."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    25 arrested at California conservative meeting - FoxNews.com

This one would imply that 25 conservatives were arrested at a meeting, when really it was protesters who crossed the street. The other troubling thing was that there were police dressed in "riot gear"....why? I mean I realize that certain groups get a little "over zealous" and go off the deep end, but why are police in riot gear protecting a private event?

Deputies wearing riot-gear arrested 25 peaceful protesters... :coffee:

What else is new... Those crazy lib-tards must have thought that we have free speech in this country.

police-state.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you think those are bad, try reading the subject lines around here....

News agencies get paid when you read their stories (advertising). If inflammatory headlines get you to click, then they are working. Remember, this isn't about "news". This is about selling the story, and the ad space that goes with it.

Most any agency would flip their tactics in a heartbeat, if they could make more money.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    If you think those are bad, try reading the subject lines around here....

News agencies get paid when you read their stories (advertising). If inflammatory headlines get you to click, then they are working. Remember, this isn't about "news". This is about selling the story, and the ad space that goes with it.

Most any agency would flip their tactics in a heartbeat, if they could make more money.

I'm aware, but that doesn't make it not frustrating.

Top Bottom