• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Wow... so are they including "assault with a dead weapon" in the list of charges? Or was he just half-cocked? Just what are they putting in Wheat Thins these days???

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    :oldwise: You know when I was a kid "mollys" were just called ecstasy and the worst that ever happened was some annoying chick with a pacifier would try to wave glow sticks in your face to terrible music.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Excuse my ignorance but what is "Molly"?
    Molly (MDMA) is also (perhaps more commonly, at least in the past) known as "Ecstasy" (with some variations in spelling, like "XTC"), and also similarly known as "bath salts".

But... but... but... I thought the prevailing concept was that drugs should be legalized because they're "harmless" and a "victimless crime"?

Guess not...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Molly (MDMA) is also (perhaps more commonly, at least in the past) known as "Ecstasy" (with some variations in spelling, like "XTC"), and also similarly known as "bath salts".

But... but... but... I thought the prevailing concept was that drugs should be legalized because they're "harmless" and a "victimless crime"?

Guess not...

Bath salts is not the same thing.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Guess not...
    Drug use is victimless. However, if the behavior under the influence is what concerns you, then why aren't you championing the prohibition of alcohol as well?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

Guess not...

MDMA =/= bath salts

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Certainly not excusing this idiot's behavior, but due to the increased demand and overall trendiness of "Molly" what is floating around on the streets is rarely pure MDMA as it was in years past.

Most of what is being sold as Molly has little it any resemblance to ecstasy any more and is generally some mix of speed, amphetamines, pain pills, and all types of other junk. It's pretty much a crapshoot as to what goes into individual batches, which means the results and effects vary once ingested.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Certainly not excusing this idiot's behavior, but due to the increased demand and overall trendiness of "Molly" what is floating around on the streets is rarely pure MDMA as it was in years past.

Most of what is being sold as Molly has little it any resemblance to ecstasy any more and is generally some mix of speed, amphetamines, pain pills, and all types of other junk. It's pretty much a crapshoot as to what goes into individual batches, which means the results and effects vary once ingested.

I'm sure that's true in some cases, but in many cases the exact opposite is true. In many cases, the MDMA out there today is much more purified than that of previous decades.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm sure that's true in some cases, but in many cases the exact opposite is true. In many cases, the MDMA out there today is much more purified than that of previous decades.

Not really. That's how it's advertised and that's what the media would have us believe, but it's simply not true. Getting the genuine article is nearly impossible these days.

The authors of the following article set out in search of the real deal a year ago. They tested everything they bought from several dealers in NYC and Miami and none of it tested as pure MDMA.

The conclusion was basically, if you can't get it in New York or Miami, you can't get it.

Chasing Molly | Playboy

ETA: Yes I realize I am the only man on the planet that reads the articles in Playboy.

Last edited:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I searched for methods, data, and statistical analysis among other things. There wasn't any that I could see. So after that I chose not to read the whole thing, but I did skim it. From what I gathered, they used a cheap drug testing kit and there sample size was about three.

This is a great piece of journalism, but it's hardly a study.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I never claimed it was a clinical study. Molly is a street drug. As with all street drugs, users are rolling the dice as to what they put in their body.

Someone might think they're getting something "pure" because a dealer claims it is Molly. I'm just pointing out that that is rarely the case.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I never claimed it was a clinical study. Molly is a street drug. As with all street drugs, users are rolling the dice as to what they put in their body.

Someone might think they're getting something "pure" because a dealer claims it is Molly. I'm just [STRIKE]pointing out[/STRIKE] claiming that that is rarely the case.

FTFY.

But in full disclosure, my original use of the word pure is not necessarily what I intended. Potent would have been a better choice of words.

Top Bottom