• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Can any of you cyclists comment on the state/condition of the Monon Trail in Westfield? Do you know if it connects to Grand Park yet?

If I recall, it is paved up to 161st Street, but north of that my knowledge is fuzzy. Any input is appreciated!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Hasn't changed. Still paved to 161st, packed gravel north to US 32 but it still ends there. There are still a couple of miles between the end south of 32 and the Grand Park trail that have not even been cleared.

Was told that the 161st north would be paved as of last November, but no joy. With the grand opening of the park this past weekend, I am guessing that the trail will get a higher priority, but it has to be worked in with the construction on the intersection of 32 and 31.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hasn't changed. Still paved to 161st, packed gravel north to US 32 but it still ends there. There are still a couple of miles between the end south of 32 and the Grand Park trail that have not even been cleared.

Was told that the 161st north would be paved as of last November, but no joy. With the grand opening of the park this past weekend, I am guessing that the trail will get a higher priority, but it has to be worked in with the construction on the intersection of 32 and 31.

Thanks for the update!

Westfield homeowner loses land for expansion of Monon Trail - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

The government is in the process of stealing land to connect the two.

That sucks, I am not a fan of eminent domain.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    That sucks, I am not a fan of eminent domain.

I'm split on it, I feel bad for the guy and if it were me I'd be furious - but if his front yard is all that stands between a major project then I can see why the government is doing this. ah well....

Top Bottom