• ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Year 2011 Calendar – United States

I know I like to look at the moon phases. I also know you can't kill em if you aren't in the woods but there is some correlation to the times the most and biggest deer are killed.

Anyway, the first 2 weeks of November is when pre-rut and rut will be rocking, from my experience.

Just wanted to put this link up as a reference for those of us to check it later on as the season progresses. :ingo:

JamesZX1100

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    NE INDY
    November 8th is my dads birthday so hopefully he will get that big boy that we've been seeing this year!! He got a really nice 13pt last year, which scored 178 5/8" i believe!! November is gonna be a good month!

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    The first full moon, following the second new moon following the fall equinox....it's gonna be the second week of November. But, here is the but, the "chasing" phase is when they are the most active, that falls into the first week and weekend of November. When it is full blown rut, the big boys are already in the sack with their lady friends.

Get the rattling horns out and use them the first weekend for sure and you'll prolly get some response.

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I've often heard of how the moon phases affect deer movement. Personally, I have seen fewer deer during a full moon. It may be the areas where I am hunting, but I've always assumed that they are moving later because of the unusual amount of light? This is my 20th bow season and I'm always learning...

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Quarter moons are the ones with the most activity connected to them. Peak movement times are when the moon is either at it's highest peak overhead or underfoot. The moon affects deer like it does fish. Full moons typically mean daytime movement, while new moons lean toward evening and night feed times.

Top Bottom