• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're probably right, but it seems like you're doing the same thing that you're accusing the researchers of doing. You're drawing a personally-biased and emotional conclusion based on possibly-incorrect assumptions. True science produces real, verifiable, and repeatable results. Unless this study clearly has opinion (rather than reproducible facts) as its basis, then I'm inclined to approach it with an open mind before dismissing it as "junk".

True---but I'm a cynical ******* sometimes--comes with age, I guess. But when we've seen junk science induced hysteria about global warming, the ozone hole, and earlier dyer predictions about blood in the streets if gun control laws aren't tightened/retained, etc...I believe my skepticism will probably be proven to be well founded. At the risk of repetition, my experience has shown when I discover things liberals hate being "studied" there is normally a nefarious agenda afoot.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    True---but I'm a cynical ******* sometimes--comes with age, I guess. But when we've seen junk science induced hysteria about global warming, the ozone hole, and earlier dyer predictions about blood in the streets if gun control laws aren't tightened/retained, etc...I believe my skepticism will probably be proven to be well founded. At the risk of repetition, my experience has shown when I discover things liberals hate being "studied" there is normally a nefarious agenda afoot.

Except global warming is indeed happening and there is indeed a thin spot (or "hole"). As much as I would like to dismiss this it makes sense. I would also bet that if you gave someome an orange then showed them a picture of a round fruit and asked them to identity it they would say it was an orange, despite it being a grapefruit. It is natural to associate things and to believe that we have a connection to the people and things around us. It's also naturally to blatantly ignore the truth when we have differing opinions, whig unfortunately happens on here quite a bit.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Except global warming is indeed happening and there is indeed a thin spot (or "hole"). As much as I would like to dismiss this it makes sense. I would also bet that if you gave someome an orange then showed them a picture of a round fruit and asked them to identity it they would say it was an orange, despite it being a grapefruit. It is natural to associate things and to believe that we have a connection to the people and things around us. It's also naturally to blatantly ignore the truth when we have differing opinions, whig unfortunately happens on here quite a bit.

Like many other topics, various fields of science have become politicized to the point where their results are often suspect. How many different foods are one day found to be unhealthy only to be shown to be not so unhealthy a day later? There is no proof man's actions are causing the ozone hole or climate change. By some science has become an infallible religion. They place a faith in it that will give all the answers and is always correct. Well guess what? Science is often wrong, many times, before they get it right. Many scientists now believe the earth did show slight warming for a period that ended 10-11 years ago. However statist/progressive politicians leverage the results of their, often government subsidized, prophets to rationalize their legislative controls over their lowly subjects. So yeah, I'm still skeptical and I maintain this study (while, like all great fiction, may have an element of truth to it) is typical of the kind progressives will point to to rationalize future gun control.

Top Bottom