• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I was doing my thing today at a customer location in Indy. The business next door is in a 50,000 sq foot section of a 100,000 sq ft concrete warehouse building. No name on the door and just an address. Google and the yellow pages bring back no hits.

I'm not posting pictures or the address because this customer is also a friend and it won't help figure it out. He has never talked to anyone that works at the site.

Behind the fence and jersy walls are 4 generators connected to that section of the building. This operation has nothing to do with the power company.

The 4 generators at full output will do 2.4 megawatts! I've not run into operations that have backup power that even comes close to that rating.

What could they have in that no name building with that level of power backup? None of the cars on the other side of the fence had government plates and no video cameras were spotted. The building has 4 loading docks that looked like they have not been used in months.

:popcorn:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    wel if you post an address some people here might know what it is. but then again, if all these places find out its you who they are having show up maybe you wont get sent to anymore cool places? LOL ;)

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Description sounds like a server farm and computer doohickey that went in a former retail establishment on the east side.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That describes virtually every datacenter I've ever been to. They're almost always in an unassuming building in out-of-the-way places and have lots of power plus backup generators.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I was doing my thing today at a customer location in Indy. The business next door is in a 50,000 sq foot section of a 100,000 sq ft concrete warehouse building. No name on the door and just an address. Google and the yellow pages bring back no hits.

I'm not posting pictures or the address because this customer is also a friend and it won't help figure it out. He has never talked to anyone that works at the site.

Behind the fence and jersy walls are 4 generators connected to that section of the building. This operation has nothing to do with the power company.

The 4 generators at full output will do 2.4 megawatts! I've not run into operations that have backup power that even comes close to that rating.

What could they have in that no name building with that level of power backup? None of the cars on the other side of the fence had government plates and no video cameras were spotted. The building has 4 loading docks that looked like they have not been used in months.

:popcorn:

You need to go knock on their door & pretend to be a vacuum cleaner salesman & see what's going on inside:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just your average, boring datacenter. Probably has a decent bundle or 10 of fiber coming in as well. Nothing to see inside but a bunch of blinkinlites accompanied by the roar of cooling fans.

I'd bet those gensets are wired to be redundant. Not 2.4 MW total, but a pair of 1.2 MW on redundant circuits with separate fuel supplies. They probably have a few tons of batteries inside, too.

You didn't stumble on INGO's host, did you?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Just your average, boring datacenter. Probably has a decent bundle or 10 of fiber coming in as well. Nothing to see inside but a bunch of blinkinlites accompanied by the roar of cooling fans.

I'd bet those gensets are wired to be redundant. Not 2.4 MW total, but a pair of 1.2 MW on redundant circuits with separate fuel supplies. They probably have a few tons of batteries inside, too.

You didn't stumble on INGO's host, did you?

Update....

I ran a BUR report on the site. Nothing dangerous or bad. It is data related.:D

Top Bottom