Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    picture.php
    picture.php
    [/IMG]

I bought this for the historical significance. Long story short, but my dad was a German officer on the Russian Front during WWII. He was shot through the neck by a Russian and taken POW for 5.5 years. The rifle that shot him: Mosin-Nagant.

In reality, I have other wants to shoot and this just sits in my safe. I shot it a few times and it has the sticky bolt syndrome. I have tried to clean it, but nothing has worked. I have only shot about 6 rounds or so since I got it.

For the reason above, I would prefer to sell it to someone who is familiar with the Mosin. I want to make sure that any buyer is not disappointed with anything they purchase from me. It could require a better cleaning or it may be more serious, I don't know. I was thinking of renting a reamer and "cleaning up" the chamber with it, but decided that I may do more harm than good. When I do get the spent casing extracted, there are two scratches on the casing which is why I considered renting the reamer.

It is a 1946 Izhevsk, M-44. The stampings on the receiver, bolt, stock and trigger group all match.

Price is $265 FTF in Lafayette area, Crawfordsville or maybe another area in central Indiana. SOLD

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom