• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Well I got my woosie pad on my 91/30 and it was much better, and I shot it well even at 100 yards.

I also got to shoot my new M44 (without the pad). It was a blast and I had some buddies there shooting it also and now I know about the fireball!

There were some boy scouts there that thought it was really cool, I offered to let them shoot it but they were limited to .22 cal. The ones that wanted to shoot were big enough but I understood. The kids even kept some of the cartridges!

It was a good day but the M44 bruised me up again but this was after a total of 40 rounds. It is not as bad as last time and my biceps are clean!:D

I had a blast.

Also at 100 yards my black hawk .44 shot well. The surprise to me was the difference in drop between a 180G and a 230G. The 180G dropped almost 8" more than the 230G.

Got my 597 re-sighted and could group a 8" circle at 100 yards aiming about 6" high. Also I noted that the federal cheap stuff is just that. My buddy was shooting groups fully 1/2 the size with CCI's.

Great Day, only thing is I had 8 guns to clean when I got home. Good thing my son offered to help!:ingo:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Heck, with your son helping clean the guns you should have taken a few more.:D I can just imagine what the scouts thought when you touched off the first round in your M44. Sounds like everybody had a blast!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Nice. Were you the guy in the light blue shirt? I think you let me shoot your .44 a few weeks ago in exchange for some 9mm brass.

I had a light blue shirt yes, a few weeks ago I had a 91/30, yesterday was the first outing for my M44, now that I got to shoot her, I love it!

That might have been me, I let folks shoot the .44 now and again. Was it the 10.5" barrel? Then it was probably me..:):ingo:

Top Bottom