• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I just scored a good deal on an Very nice M44 today at the Linton gun show. $175.00 out the door ! :rockwoot: So that's 2 Mosins in the Gun cabinet. Time to start the search for a M39 model....:D

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I just scored a good deal on an Very nice M44 today at the Linton gun show. $175.00 out the door ! :rockwoot: So that's 2 Mosins in the Gun cabinet. Time to start the search for a M39 model....:D

I'm glad I bought all mine a few years ago, when they were $79.99, regular price and you couldn't walk through a gunshow with out tripping over them.
    IMHO the M39 is the Rolls-Royce of Mosins. Since I got into Finns about 4 years ago, I've almost quit on the Soviet versions.

Kelevra TAR-21

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Well, I'm not to happy with my Mosin. I got it a couple weeks ago and just glanced at it. So I find some time sat night to work on it. There is this little white tag stuck on the trigger guard that I never really thought much about until I read it. The tag said used. This was not listed as used when I bought it. I don't know if I will deal with Buds again. It could have been an honest mistake, but I just don't know.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Could it be marked used because it is an 80 year old gun that isn't actually brand new? Even though they were arsenaled, stripped, cleaned, repaired and whatever else they do back then doesn't make them brand new. These guns were used in battle and are used. Don't let it discourage you. If there's any cosmolene on it, get it all cleaned out and go shoot the thing. It's a blast.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    as long as it's in decent shape and mechanically sound, just shoot the heck out of it.

and avoid Bud's next time. AIM Surplus is the way to go for run of the mill Mosins from an online dealer. ;)

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Probably the used one was one that somebody had sold or traded to them, the "new" one was straight from the importer. Considering the Soviets had shortages of weapons almost to the end of the war, you can be assured that any Mosin dated 1944 or earlier was used.

Dyerdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    Assuming this thread is about moisin 44, does anyone here have experience with Cheaper than dirt scout scope mounts for this rifle? Specificaly the SKM 4465.

Top Bottom