• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Hey all. So my particular mossy has both the rear and front stud for a sling. Problem is, when I google it up, all I find are kits for models with only one stud. It seems that most 500's have either the rear or front stud, but not both. Therein lies the major problem. I can't seem to find any slings that work, seems weird as my 500 is equipped with both, it should be an easy find. Maybe it's the 20" barrel thats throwing a kink in the works? :dunno:

Anyone out there run into this? Should I just not use the rear stud, and buy a sling that attaches to the buttstock? I don't think I should have to, but if it's my only choice so be it.

Maybe a fellow INGOer has one they don't use anymore or wants to sell? Anywho, thanks to all who post in advance. :patriot:

Last edited:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Both of my 500s have dual studs as well. Why not just find a different dual attached sling? There are a ton of them out there like the "quake", etc.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Both of my 500s have dual studs as well. Why not just find a different dual attached sling? There are a ton of them out there like the "quake", etc.

OK, just to get this out there, I'm new to shotguns/long guns. I'm a pistol guy. Thanks, I'll try searching for "dual attached" slings and "quake". :dunno:

Newb out :rockwoot:

Last edited:

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    Ya for the price your going to pay on a sling its not worth buying it online because the shipping will probably be the same price or more then the sling itself.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Ya for the price your going to pay on a sling its not worth buying it online because the shipping will probably be the same price or more then the sling itself.

For the average rifle sling I would agree! Shipping is crazy these days from some places, crazy. Heck I used a piece of bailers twine one deer season because my sling got ripped on a fence. :):

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    For the average rifle sling I would agree! Shipping is crazy these days from some places, crazy. Heck I used a piece of bailers twine one deer season because my sling got ripped on a fence. :):

Hah! Classic, right there. I do agree shipping is for the birds, but what can ya do :dunno:

Here's another little somethin' I've been ponderin'

Blaschke Nylon Quick Sling with Self Locking Nylon Speed Buckle - Brown, Black or NBU

Would these types work with the front and rear studs? Looks like it, but I'm not in any position to know. :n00b:

Last edited:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I too fail to see the problem. I think you are looking for too specific of a sling and most will not attach to normal sling points because they are not "regular slings". I am using a quick adjustable sling on my Maverick (same as your mossberg) and it cost $10. The $50 for the sling you had pictured is too much if you just want a useful sling and not trying to go for the "tactical" look.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I too fail to see the problem. I think you are looking for too specific of a sling and most will not attach to normal sling points because they are not "regular slings". I am using a quick adjustable sling on my Maverick (same as your mossberg) and it cost $10. The $50 for the sling you had pictured is too much if you just want a useful sling and not trying to go for the "tactical" look.

I'm not looking for a "tactical" sling, I'm just looking for something normal, and cheap. I used that $50 dollar one as an example as to what I keep finding on the net. Did you perhaps see the second link I posted? Those slings were 15 dollars...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yes those are better suited for a normal sling but as some on here have said it isn't neccesary to order them online. I bet there are 10 places within a mile of you that would have a sling that you need. The thing to keep in mind is you need a very long sling to work with the standard mounts. They are at least a couple inches further apart than any of my rifles. Are you planning on using it the standard "American" way or the "African" or another common style of sling carry is also a question you should consider. Some slings have pads or directional adjustments that only work well facing one way and limit the overall usefullness of that sling.

Example: my sling is quick adjustable and has a loop to help steady your aim. If I put it on backwards then it isn't easily adjustable and the loop is facing the wrong way.

[ame]http://youtu.be/pXiDTdsdvfg[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/6wn4kCmmDu4[/ame]

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Yes those are better suited for a normal sling but as some on here have said it isn't neccesary to order them online. I bet there are 10 places within a mile of you that would have a sling that you need. The thing to keep in mind is you need a very long sling to work with the standard mounts. They are at least a couple inches further apart than any of my rifles. Are you planning on using it the standard "American" way or the "African" or another common style of sling carry is also a question you should consider. Some slings have pads or directional adjustments that only work well facing one way and limit the overall usefullness of that sling.

Example: my sling is quick adjustable and has a loop to help steady your aim. If I put it on backwards then it isn't easily adjustable and the loop is facing the wrong way.

Thanks for all the info. Wasn't aware of the "african" style of carry. i would definitely use it for a traditional american style carry. I'll go hunting this week for some slings of this type. Thanks everyone. :patriot:

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah go hit up your local Wally world and Dunhams... they both normally have soem for around $10 that should work. I have an OEM one I would sell you but would have to buy the unfired 20g field/deer combo with it. ;)

Top Bottom