• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What do you guy's think of plastic motorcycle armor for stab proof body armor? It can be bought cheap enough. and with so concealed bullut armor, it might be a good idea. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Body Armor

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm thinkin' this would work better;

31hJsqAFdeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: Zan Headgear Full Face Neoprene Mask Skull Face Black/White One Size Fits All OSFA WNFM002: Sports & Outdoors

They see you in that, they'll think your Charlie Sheen bat:poop: crazy and RUN away.

Really, that "armor" is intended for blunt bike parts and pavement.
    Not pointy objects.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    look at chain mail if you want stab proof. it's gonna hurt, but it shouldn't penetrate most times... Of course if you get shot, you're gonna be picking little rings out for a while...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A sharp knife goes thru plastic like nothing and those "armors" dont cover all your vital organs.
    There is a reasons why its just for bikers.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Bike armor (I own some) is an effective defense against a rabid bench grinder.

To attempt to seriously answer your question, it would reasonably effective for a few blows against the folks that like to slash with a knife attack. It would be completely useless against those that like to stab with a knife attack.

You would also look like a complete dork wearing it while standing further than 15' away from a bike.

I think you want chain mail, though it doesn't relieve the dork issue.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    That think geek stuff won't work, too thin. You would want thicker WELDED RINGS, maybe a nice chainmail bymie.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Bike armor (I own some) is an effective defense against a rabid bench grinder.

To attempt to seriously answer your question, it would reasonably effective for a few blows against the folks that like to slash with a knife attack. It would be completely useless against those that like to stab with a knife attack.

You would also look like a complete dork wearing it while standing further than 15' away from a bike.

I think you want chain mail, though it doesn't relieve the dork issue.

:laugh::laugh: +1 on the dork thing. Thats why I put it in the survival section. For the SHTF time. you know, where u can shoot someone who calls u a dork instead of trying to run down your dignity.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I vote no Body Armor! The Toecutters Gang didn't use Body Armor, and the only one they couldn't kill was Mad Max. Unless you run into him, or Chuck Norris, I think you will be OK. :twocents: :D

ChevyChase.JPG

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Would be worthless against stabs. Consider looking into stab vests like the ones used in prisons.

Top Bottom