• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Ok, I seem to remember there being a store that was ONLY devoted to MC gear around the Avon area, but I don't remember where and my google-fu is failing me.

Anyway, do any of the bikers here know a good place to shop for gear?

The Dreyer and Harley stores aren't cutting it as far as selection goes. I haven't tried cycle outfitters yet though.

I'm in the market for a leather jacket, but I'm also cheap, so that makes things difficult.

Thanks in advance!

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    used to be a place in Carmel-strangely enough, off rangeline maybe, that was only motorcycle gear. Never made it in there, but saw advertisements all the time.

As for going cheap, what's your skin worth? Spend the money, but on quality products, not on the HD name (those two are often mutually exclusive)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I know I know...

I already have a jacket, pants, lid, 2 pairs of gloves (depending on the weather) and boots that I ride in. I just want a new jacket.

Jackets are just waaaaaaa overpriced. Especially the leather. If you're diligent in your interwebz you can find a closeout jacket for $150 or less. Especially if you're a very large or very small person.

I got my last pair of gauntlets for $30 at dreyer in the closeout bin. Score!!

No leather jackets in the closeout bin though. :(

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I buy all my gear online. Mostly from cyclegear.com. They have a great return policy and frequent sales. They also have a physical store in Louisville.

Local is nice, but I gave up since most of the shops have gear that is more oriented towards looking like a pirate, than saving your hide.

Flatout motorsports on 8118 East Washington keeps riding gear in stock.

Cycle outfitters is definitely worth checking out.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've dealt with Cycle Outfitters on the South side.
    They're pretty decent.
    I got a Tourmaster Intake jacket and pants some weeks back.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    When in doubt, go to Dreyer on West Washington street and try on brand and model, then surf the web for best deal.

By the way, try MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! (used to be called newenough) and check their close outs.

Cycle Outfitters has some decent stuff, but a lot of seconds. I've found that Flat Out Motorcycles has a good choice and decent closeout prices, but they are on the wrong sides of town for you, east and south.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Do not waste your time driving there........High prices, low inventory:twocents:
    Flea market on West Washington has some decent priced gear. Or take a ride to Nashville, IN. There are about four nice shops there, and the ride is great.

Good suggestion! We might be riding down there on Saturday!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    When in doubt, go to Dreyer on West Washington street and try on brand and model, then surf the web for best deal.

By the way, try MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! (used to be called newenough) and check their close outs.

Cycle Outfitters has some decent stuff, but a lot of seconds. I've found that Flat Out Motorcycles has a good choice and decent closeout prices, but they are on the wrong sides of town for you, east and south.

Dreyer is ok, but they don't have much of a selection. Decent amount of Mesh and Text, but the leather is real skimpy, especially given the number of manufacturers that are out there.

They rarely have my size leather in stock.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

The south store is no more...

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Dreyer is ok, but they don't have much of a selection. Decent amount of Mesh and Text, but the leather is real skimpy, especially given the number of manufacturers that are out there.

They rarely have my size leather in stock.
    At Dreyers.....Just ask Connie...(honda side) or Steph on (Yammy side) They should be able to hook you up. Or also .J&P cycles on-line is also good. I just hate ordering leathers on line...

Top Bottom