Mounting a (camera) sensor behind an optic.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    What is the best option to mount a sensor behind an optic? Im not talking about mounting hardware. There are plenty of options for that. I mean the sensor itself. Im thinking raspberry pi modules, a GoPro, or even a DSLR or mirrorless with RAW output.

Does anyone here have experience mounting a sensor/camera behind a scope? If so what type of lens, if not integrated? Focal length? Field of view? Any other recommendations to get a crisp and clear image?

What are you all using? And just to be clear I’m looking for something I can use for real-time viewing on a remote monitor. The idea is to monitor the reticle and target via screen while making adjustments to a mechanical rifle rest, a (rail mounted gun).

Threads are better with photos:

IMG_7114.jpeg

IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7116.jpeg

IMG_7117.png

IMG_7118.jpeg

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    No personal experience, but it seems like this would be a great application for 3d printing. Get a basic design to hold the sensor and then you can tweak the placement as needed.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    One additional thing to consider is recoil. IOW, will the sensor stand up to it and function correctly?
    Recoil could affect your mount/mounting options as well. What caliber is the firearm?

Top Bottom