• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    So i was cleaning the house up a bit and found a perfect spot in my room to mount my pellet rifle on the wall. I wanted it to be something kinda cool you know like how people used to hang shotguns on the mantle, but unfortunately Lowes, gander, nor menards had anything that would really work for this. I was wondering if ingo-ers had any experience with this kind of thing.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Find a deer hunter and grab the front legs off a deer and use that as your hanger. Used a nice piece of walnut and it made a great wall hanger for an old double barrel.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    You could look on some of the black powder oriented sites such as Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf. Should be able to find gun hooks in brass or steel from these places. I am sure Ebay has several too.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    First thing I'd do is make sure you can't see them from outside the home. If you can, that is usually and open invite for a thief.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    My dad has some cheap eBay ones, the black generic looking ones. I'm gonna hang a Gew 88 above my man-room window! My wife will love it..

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Find a deer hunter and grab the front legs off a deer and use that as your hanger. Used a nice piece of walnut and it made a great wall hanger for an old double barrel.

I saw a nice one made with a piece of wormy white oak barn siding cut and refinished with TruOil and fitted with two short pieces of antler fastened to the board at a slight upward angle. It also held an old double barrel and it was very cool.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I personally prefer the old gun rack like they show in some westerns. Holds them Vertically, holds anywhere from 4 to 10 rifles/shotguns. Pretty easy to make with some scrap lumber, too.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You could look on some of the black powder oriented sites such as Dixie Gun Works or Track of the Wolf. Should be able to find gun hooks in brass or steel from these places. I am sure Ebay has several too.

I got some Ted Cash brass rifle hooks from Dixie Gunworks to mount a couple of traditional style Black Powder weapons to my wall. I wrapped a board in navy blue crushed velvet and mounted the hooks to that, so there is a nice color contrast to display the firearms.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Been looking to hang an old non working moss berg 26c above my reloading bench. I'd love to make it work but lack of parts available have me turning it into a decoration. Thanks for the ideas and links.

Top Bottom