• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    It looks like the mini version must have the tubes loaded by hand and it holds 3-400 before having to load more tubes? Is that correct?

It also looks like the full size version is $470 but works just like the case feeder.

My question, which do you like the best and can you still see the powder level in the case before the bullet is set on the case?

Any input would be great.

Thanks Bill

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    It looks like the mini version must have the tubes loaded by hand and it holds 3-400 before having to load more tubes? Is that correct?

It also looks like the full size version is $470 but works just like the case feeder.

My question, which do you like the best and can you still see the powder level in the case before the bullet is set on the case?

Any input would be great.

Thanks Bill

I believe the tubes from the mini version hold approx. 100 each so I would assume you need several of them to be efficient.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    It looks like the mini version must have the tubes loaded by hand

I know next to nothing about these, so honest question.... if you have to load bullet tubes by hand, doesn't that just turn one form of work into another form of work? Or is there a "vibra prime" equivalent for bullet tubes?

-rvb

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    The minis work well with some tweaking.
    I bought extra tubes for mine and they can be loaded quickly. I put a nail straight into the side of my bench to hang the tubes from, this puts the opening of the tubes at the same height as the bullets that are going to be loaded into them.

Yes, you can still see powder level.

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    I know next to nothing about these, so honest question.... if you have to load bullet tubes by hand, doesn't that just turn one form of work into another form of work? Or is there a "vibra prime" equivalent for bullet tubes?

-rvb

I was thinking the same think. The YouTube video states that you can load the tubes away from the press at any time like while watching TV. While that is true, I still am leaning towards your view that you are simply substituting one step for different step.

What would be nice is if there was a cheap way to have the bullets all point up and you could pick them up like primers are picked up out of the tray you shake then flip over (sorry, I am still learning the terms in reloading). If some contraption like that was made and not to expensive, that would save time.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    if you have to load bullet tubes by hand, doesn't that just turn one form of work into another form of work?

It allows you to delegate the work to small children without the chance of pinching fingers...

Russellhjoy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the mini, it's awesome, it allows you to use either arm to work the press (so you can alternate for endurance reloading) and leaves one hand free to fix malfunctions. I can only imagine the mega feeder is way more baller but I've been extremely happy with my mini and for 100$, hell ya. The tube holds ~100 bullets and it's like a Gatling gun, you have to turn it by hand (it can easily be done one handed). It really takes a lot of stress off your arm because you don't have to hold it up loading the bullets into the case. Best purchase I made for my press, hands down. It doesn't drop the bullet until after the belling/powder dispensing so you can still see the case powder level. But if you don't have a piece that doesn't allow double charging, you f*^kn need that. I'll post a picture when I get home

Top Bottom