• Shadow Systems mr920 or Hellcat Pro

• Total voters

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    I've been wanting an mr920 elite real bad. Put some stuff up on Armslist to offset the price, even though I hate selling! Then I stopped by the LGS and fondled a Hellcat Pro and I really liked the feel. I have no experience with any of the Springfield strikers. Long time 26 carrier, and have a DR920 which is the best feeling and shooting tool I've ever held. So someone please talk me out of the hellcat pro.
    Also this will be for edc aiwb.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I personally don't see a need for "premium" version of a carry pistol. If the 920 mimics a G19, why spend the extra? Will it help you shoot better? If so, then go that route.

A carry gun is a tool for a specific job. It will get wear and tear on it, shot a good amount in practice and training (hopefully) and possibly be confiscated and maybe never returned if you ever need it to defend your or someone you love lives.

If it will be a financial burden or cause you to sell other guns just so you can afford it when a $450 G19 will do the same thing, just stick with the proven tool for the job. If finances are not an issue, go for it .

Carry what you shoot best. If you can shoot a HiPoint better than a Cabot 1911, the HiPoint is what you should carry. (Extreme example but it gets the point across)

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    I personally don't see a need for "premium" version of a carry pistol. If the 920 mimics a G19, why spend the extra? Will it help you shoot better? If so, then go that route.

A carry gun is a tool for a specific job. It will get wear and tear on it, shot a good amount in practice and training (hopefully) and possibly be confiscated and maybe never returned if you ever need it to defend your or someone you love lives.

If it will be a financial burden or cause you to sell other guns just so you can afford it when a $450 G19 will do the same thing, just stick with the proven tool for the job. If finances are not an issue, go for it .

Carry what you shoot best. If you can shoot a HiPoint better than a Cabot 1911, the HiPoint is what you should carry. (Extreme example but it gets the point across)
    I definitely agree. I really thought shadow systems was a gimmick until I held one. There really is no comparison to the Glock. Narrowed grip, no bump (unless you use the backstrap), higher grip, lighter, etc.

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    Seems you're comparing apples and oranges to me. I would absolutely shoot the Hellcat before buying.. Squareish backstrap makes for very snappy and unpleasant recoil in my hand but you have to make your own decision. Again my opinion but I feel Shadow Systems out Gocked Glock with their offerings.
    Thank you. Is that the original hellcat, or the new one with the full grip? Size and weight are nearly identical to the mr920. The only on paper difference is the hellcat takes the micro dot and the mr920 takes a compact, and the backstraps. I'll probably wait and get the mr920.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Having own a DR920 they are a good handgun I probably won't buy an other, there absolutely nothing wrong to carry a premium handgun but in this case I'm looking to buy a Hellcat also. A Hellcat and some money left for a holster and some other needed gear for a nice carry set up, a lot of people under estimate the value of good gear while carrying.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I haven't shot the Hellcat but I voted for the MR920. I have one and it's the best shooting striker fired gun I own, even without an optic.

Name

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Randolph County
    Ok. Just back from the hellcats first impressions. I love it. Super happy with it. Recoil is about the same as a g26 even being smaller and lighter. I put a couple hundred 115g coated through it, and a few handfuls of some spicy 147g xtp's without an issue. Kind of glad I wound up with the small one instead of the pro. This will probably wind up being my new deep concealed piece after further abuse testing.

Top Bottom