Muscle memory credited for OH cop's survival.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    That officer stopped a mad man from hurting innocent people. Good on him and I hope he recovers fast and that his family and friends appreciate what a truly remarkable person it takes to confront a monster hell bent on killing.

DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    It is a shame that a young life was lost but the good guy with a gun stopped a bad with a gun. Hope for a speedy physical recovery for Officer Stafford and hope his department offers Psychological help if needed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    +1 to this officer.
    Maintaining his cool while under fire, and even after being hit.
    I hope he recovery is as quick and painless as is possible.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Thankfully the officer is safe and doing well. My friend works at that PD and was telling me about this right before I saw this post. Aside from being thankful the officer is fine, he also mentioned if this had happened 20-30 minutes later he would have been there instead.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I grew up in hamilton ohio as did my wife... its far from a rough city.

Sorry if my opinion of rough differs from yours on rough. But, it will be ok.
    There are parts of that city that are not too safe, and I'm not comparing it to Oakland.
    My best friends wife has a cousin that an LEO over there and I've heard enough to
    know there's plenty of stupid stuff that goes on.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I grew up in hamilton ohio as did my wife... its far from a rough city.

Sorry if my opinion of rough differs from yours on rough. But, it will be ok.
    There are parts of that city that are not too safe, and I'm not comparing it to Oakland.
    My best friends wife has a cousin that an LEO over there and I've heard enough to
    know there's plenty of stupid stuff that goes on.

The makeup of cities can change over time. I grew up in a place called Harvey, Illinois, which is a south suburb of Chicago in Cook County. When I was living there it was a pretty nice place to grow up and live; now it's been described by the Chicago Tribune (and a lot of its residents) as one of the most crime-ridden cities in Cook County - and that's saying something.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    The makeup of cities can change over time. I grew up in a place called Harvey, Illinois, which is a south suburb of Chicago in Cook County. When I was living there it was a pretty nice place to grow up and live; now it's been described by the Chicago Tribune (and a lot of its residents) as one of the most crime-ridden cities in Cook County - and that's saying something.

Nope, sadly it is still a pretty rough area...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    “Within another inch, the officer could have been killed,” Scrimizzi said.

If the officer sustained a grazing head wound, then the difference between his life and death was likely much less than an inch.

Nice job on the officer's part. Glad he came out of it alive and with only minor injuries.

Top Bottom