• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Actually, I don't even own a boomerang. However, I do own a S.A. 5.25 9mm. I am currently loading 6.0 grains of Power Pistol behind a 115 gr. copper clad bullet. The gun functions flawlessly and cycles the rounds without a problem. The problem is - the gun won't go to slide lock after firing the last round in the magazine. I'm using the 3 factory magazines that came with the gun. I don't recall having a problem with any of the magazines nor the gun not going to slide lock when I first purchased it new. I've put approximately 3,000 rounds thru the gun since purchasing it this spring. I've tried a full magazine of 19 or only 1 round - makes no difference. The gun shoots all the rounds and after the last round the slide goes forward.

I'm thinking this may become a problem when shooting an IDPA match. I could drop a magazine thinking it was empty . . . . when, in fact, there could still be live rouinds in the magazine. If I didn't pick up the magazine, I believe the rest of my day will be spent helping keep score since I'll be D.Q.'d (?).

Suggestions to remedy this problem ? I don't want to start tweaking the magazines since I don't have the slightest idea which way, if any, to begin bending pieces.

Thanks in advance.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm thinking this may become a problem when shooting an IDPA match. I could drop a magazine thinking it was empty . . . . when, in fact, there could still be live rouinds in the magazine. If I didn't pick up the magazine, I believe the rest of my day will be spent helping keep score since I'll be D.Q.'d (?).

Don't sweat it, just count. We revolver guys run empty all the time and the gun does absolutely nothing to tell us it's empty.:)

You won't be DQ'ed for dropping a mag with rounds in it. That's only a procedural (3 seconds).

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Slide is not coming back far enough to let the slide stop catch. Need a hotter load or lighter recoil spring. I don't know what the loading data is for that powder but if that is max you need a heavier bullet or different powder. Check it with some factory loads to make sure the gun doesn't have a problem but probably just to light a load.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    1) check function w/ factory ammo
    2) verify you haven't changed your grip, interfering w/ the controls.
    3) determine the powerfactor of your reloads. make sure they are above 125.
    4) if all of the above tests positive, try a lighter recoil spring and/or change load.

If it won't work w/ factory ammo and you aren't riding the controls, verify everything is assembled correctly. I doubt all 3 mags need tweeked if they worked when new. If it is a mag problem, it's probably because you put followers in backwards or springs in backwards/upsidedown.

If mags are fine, check the slide release lever by loading a round, removing the mag, and firing while pressing up on the slide release lever with a thumb.

With the gun unloaded and empty mag inserted, will it lock back if you briskly/forcefully rack the slide?

-rvb

ps. maybe don't try to be so cute w/ the thread title... I almost didn't open it because WTF do I know about boomerangs?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom