• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I got my first 4th generation Glock the other day. I got me a new 27 with Meprolight night sights. I must say I'm really liking it. I like the large backstrap and the larger mag release. I installed the Pearce PG26 XL extensions on all 3 magazines. Tomorrow I get to fire it for the first time so I will post a range report.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I got my first 4th generation Glock the other day. I got me a new 27 with Meprolight night sights. I must say I'm really liking it. I like the large backstrap and the larger mag release. I installed the Pearce PG26 XL extensions on all 3 magazines. Tomorrow I get to fire it for the first time so I will post a range report.

Congrats! I picked up a 4th Gen 17 a couple weeks ago. I like the changeable backstraps as well. I prefer the smallest grip, but the medium backstrap puts my finger in a better spot on the trigger. I will have to experiment a little. I also picked up a couple 33rd Glock brand mags before I bought the gun, just to have. I stayed with the standard sights, I may or may not try something else down the road.
    Have fun with your new weapon! :rockwoot:

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I've been thinking about a gen 4 19 for my wife. Without the backstraps, are they smaller than the gen 3's?

It is my understanding that without the backstrap it is slightly smaller than the Gen3. With the medium backstrap, it is the same, and with the large backstrap it is bigger. I could be wrong, but that is what I've heard and what it feels like to me.

The backstraps don't look like they make much of a difference when on the gun, but when you hold it, you deffinitely feel it.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    New Castle
    It is my understanding that without the backstrap it is slightly smaller than the Gen3. With the medium backstrap, it is the same, and with the large backstrap it is bigger. I could be wrong, but that is what I've heard and what it feels like to me.

The backstraps don't look like they make much of a difference when on the gun, but when you hold it, you deffinitely feel it.

from what i have heard about the gen 4 that is what it sounds like to me:twocents:

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    Congrats on the purpose. I am almost completely sold on a G26 or G27 for my everyday carry. I've heard that the G27 is quite snappy though, and since I do not have a ton of experience shooting handguns, I'm thinking I may be more proficient with a 9mm. .40 is tempting for the extra oomph.. but my main concern is being able to use it as intended when needed.

I wonder what the recoil difference actually is between the two.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Zeb, I own and shoot both the 26 and 27, and I cannot tell that much of a difference, funny many choose the G-26 and then tell me its loaded with 9mm +p, or 9mm +p+ for carry which puts the recoil around .40 cal level anyway.

Top Bottom