• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll chime in here: It was one of the most exciting hunts that I have ever been on without actually killing anything. I was in the guide mode and never had any intention of having to shoot (which is why my gun was sitting in the corner of the stand and not up on the stand rail in ready position), I was strictly doing this to introduce Que to the exciting world of deer hunting...I think I succeeded in that. :D

I have been hunting this piece of property for over 20 years and that deer would rank in the top 3 biggest that I have seen on this property. I estimate that it was a 3 to 4 year old and was a 10 pointer that would have scored 150 to 160.

Que, it was a pleasure hunting with you and I hope this will lead to a lot more hunting experiences over your life time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    as I was reading this, the video with Que and the peanut butter brownies was running through my head, but with the Que/Brad hunting conversation instead of the brownies ;)

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Great story! Buck fever strikes again. +1 to Brad for taking the time to get a new hunter started. It is very rare to have somebody with the knowledge, tools and ground to take a new person hunting. Good Luck Friday!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Great story! .

Did the old heart start pounding when you saw the deer?

It always shocks me how deer can stomp around like an elephant or move dead silent and just appear. Sometimes you see them a mile away and sometimes you can trip over them.

If he was a really big buck, you can spend the rest of your life trying to put yourself in that position again. Welcome to the party!

Black_Wolf

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Northwest Ind
    Well, ya know that the old saying.... A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work..

You'll get em next time.

Don't about forget them coyotes either. :D:ar15:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'll never forget the first time I saw a buck in the woods...and from there on you are hooked. And for the rest of that day you keep thinking he's going to jump out right in front of you. You will be forever taunted by that buck until you finally drop one.

Seeing that first deer is kinda like the first time you go fishing. You don't know what that first bite really feels like, and by the time you realize it is a bite, it is too late. For the next few hours you set the hook into every weed, stick, and rock you think is a bite, but then you finally do hook a fish. From then on you know exactly what a real bite feels like.

Now you know what a real buck looks like iIn the woods, and I bet you don't make the same mistake twice!

Good luck on Friday! :yesway:

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    I took a young man squirrel hunting for the first time and he likewise couldn't see the thing that was 20 feet in front of him. Been there myself.

Congrats on a great experience, keep at it!!!!

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Well Que, I don't know if we will see the "Grey Ghost" or not but there is a possibility!:eek:

149c2791.jpg

I'm glad you had a good time, reps to Brad for taking you out!:yesway:

Top Bottom