• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First of all would like to say hello to all and thank you all for putting up a first class website. I have used the site to gather info and pick out my first AR.

I went with a Colt 6920. I have a few questions regarding some upgrades. I mostly know what i want but wanted to run them buy to see if you all see an issue with my selection (I am willing to listen to alternatives but I hate ford/chevy debates. However, being new to this I am willing to listen to people with experience.) I have a Springfield XDM .40 caliber and a Glock model 22 at home and am happy with both of them.

I ordered a TA31H-G: 4x32 Trijicon ACOG already.

Rails
    Looking at the Daniel Defense AR15 lite rail 9.5 fsp, carbine
    DD rail ladders

magpul ACS butt stock

Would love to buy local too. If anyone knows a place that has a good selection of these in stock please pm me.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

Good choice there, I wish I could justify one!

Rails
    DD rail ladders

Mostly personal preference, if you like them you're GTG.

magpul ACS butt stock

again, personal preference. I went with a MOE for weight savings.

Would love to buy local too. If anyone knows a place that has a good selection of these in stock please pm me.

I'm sure someone will let you know of a store near you!

Welcome to INGO!

:ingo:

You'll get a lot of help/opinions here; mine arein red. :)

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Good choice there, I wish I could justify one!

Don't know if I can justify it. But I am only going to have one rifle. So I want some of the better equipment. A $300 Nikon probably would be as good but in place of a multitude of rilfes that some opt for I will go with a uneeded upgraded equipment.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    First of all would like to say hello to all and thank you all for putting up a first class website. I have used the site to gather info and pick out my first AR.

That's awesome news! (on both accounts)

I went with a Colt 6920.

Well you're certainly off to a good start. :yesway:

I personally prefer an Aimpoint 1X red dot on my carbines, but the ACOG is a top-notch optic. You won't be disappointed.

Rails
    DD rail ladders

DD makes some very nice quality rails. The 9.5FSP is interesting, but not my particular cup of tea. It is $$ for what it is, and it has no QD sling attachment points.

I currently run a 12.0FSP OmegaX on my 16" carbine and like it very much. But, I got it at half price, and it has two QD slots.

magpul ACS butt stock

Magpul is good stuff. I personally prefer the lightweight CTR, but the ACS is good if you're wanting more cheek contact, or storage space. I don't like that you have to buy the QD adapters separately though.

Indiana Supply Depot should be able to hook you up with the stock, maybe the rail. You can check in their subforum here on INGO or PM Cwood directly.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    +1 for Indiana Supply Depot as a parts source. Good guy to do business with. And a +1 to you for picking up great Carbine!

As far as the ACS stock...like others have said...it has great ergonoics and gives a very nice cheek weld. I traded a CTR for it, and of the two actually prefer the CTR based on the weight.

I put a bunch of accesories on my M&P15 after I bought it, and after shooting it at a carbine class realized how heavy all that extra stuff made the carbine. I'm embarking on a weight loss project for the gun, that still keeps the things I "need" but cuts a pound or two out of the overall weight of the gun. My 7 pound mouse gun now weighs upwards of probably 11 lbs with all the extra stuff on it.

My :twocents: would be to purposfully add what you need and only what you need. Tactical goodies look good, but if you have no use for them, they just add extra weight.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010

Welcome to the site and glad you decided to join.

I went with a Colt 6920. I have a few questions regarding some upgrades. I mostly know what i want but wanted to run them buy to see if you all see an issue with my selection (I am willing to listen to alternatives but I hate ford/chevy debates. However, being new to this I am willing to listen to people with experience.) I have a Springfield XDM .40 caliber and a Glock model 22 at home and am happy with both of them.
    +1 to the Colt 6920. I think getting a Colt is the best starting point for AR's if you have the funds to do so.

Good sight. I like the ACOG but don't love the reticules. I prefer the Elcan DR. A little more expensive but it's the sight that is going on my 5.56. They are a little pricey but your already in the higher dollar optics. For a more affordable optic the Aimpoint is my choice.

Rails
    DD rail ladders
    You can find a better use of your money than the DD. Others have listed some solid options.

magpul ACS butt stock
    Solid buttstock

Overall your pretty close to what I would suggest.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    thanks everyone. Really good discussions and a few things I will look at as far as changing.

Can't wait to get out to the range and get it all sighted in.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    isn't the Colt Kool-Aid delicious? ;) For any rail system or accessory, watch the EE on AR15.com. I picked up my NIB RAS for $140 shipped. I also picked up the LaRue QD mount for my ACOG NIB for $80 shipped.

Congrats!

IMG00059-20100623-0834.jpg

Top Bottom