• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I recently aquired a Sig P230 SL for well... nothing:bacondance:. The only problem with the gun was that at one point it had been stored in a lock box that got knocked over and shaken up during a move. I'm pretty sure it had a mixture of ammo, change, keys and other random odds and ends that played hell with the polished and the matte finish on the slide. I have retored the polished parts to where they look every bit as good as new. Now I'm not to sure how (or if its even possible) to go about repairing the matte sections short of getting it reblasted. I did a quick google search and saw advice rangind from using a dremel and duck tape to steel rods sand paper and a mallet. If anyfellow Ingo'ers know any tips or tricks for doing this myself (that preferably do not invlove a dremel) I would be eternally gratefull for your help.

I will try and get some pics up later today or tonight.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Have you tried a wire brush? Not the big, dirty one that one would use to clean the rust stains on concrete, but the ones that look like regular gun cleaning brushes, only are metal. I have had some luck with this method in the past, depending on the severity.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I recently aquired a Sig P230 SL for well... nothing:bacondance:. The only problem with the gun was that at one point it had been stored in a lock box that got knocked over and shaken up during a move. I'm pretty sure it had a mixture of ammo, change, keys and other random odds and ends that played hell with the polished and the matte finish on the slide. I have retored the polished parts to where they look every bit as good as new. Now I'm not to sure how (or if its even possible) to go about repairing the matte sections short of getting it reblasted. I did a quick google search and saw advice rangind from using a dremel and duck tape to steel rods sand paper and a mallet. If anyfellow Ingo'ers know any tips or tricks for doing this myself (that preferably do not invlove a dremel) I would be eternally gratefull for your help.

My cousin use some tiny grit sandpaper to remove any marks on stainless steel

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Fishers
    We have "scouring pads" at work that come in different "grits" that we use to polish stainless parts. I don't know if that would work, but it might be something to look into.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

My personal opinion is that anything that involves duct tape must be the correct answer.

Top Bottom