INDY
    Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I liked it, it needs a proofreader though.

Example: "I found a couple of placed online that advertised, for a fee, they'd transport you from one end to the other. I called both placed and while they both seemed like work out just fine one of them was a bit cheaper than the other."

I had to read that a few times before it soaked in.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I liked it, it needs a proofreader though.

Example: "I found a couple of placed online that advertised, for a fee, they'd transport you from one end to the other. I called both placed and while they both seemed like work out just fine one of them was a bit cheaper than the other."

I had to read that a few times before it soaked in.
    Yep. I suck at that stuff. My wife, an English teacher, is out of town right now, but when she gets back she's going to earn her keep. ;)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yep. I suck at that stuff. My wife, an English teacher, is out of town right now, but when she gets back she's going to earn her keep. ;)

Hey, KUDOS for doing the backpack and for WRITING about it.

An easy way to help with something like that is to compose your blog post on a word processing program like MS Word. Then copy and paste to the web. I've found that an easy way to edit, catch misspellings and typos, etc.

I have always wanted to try the KT - nearly 20 years now, but always found it hard to plan that kind of thing with my kids activities and all. Now that they are out of the house...

Indiana has a couple or three other trails that may be worth it too. Adventure Hiking Trail is in the far south part of the State. then there is the Adena Trace over in the east. If you need a partner, let me know and we might be able to plan something. Solo trips are nice - I've done those - but sometimes its fun to share it with a team, too.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Indiana has a couple or three other trails that may be worth it too. Adventure Hiking Trail is in the far south part of the State.

Is the Adventure Trail still being maintained? The reason I ask is about 20 years ago, I and a friend hiked most of it. It had some great vistas above the Ohio River and meandered through Harrison Crawford State Forest. About 5 years ago I was back down there and most of the trailheads appeared to be gone and there was no evidence of trail maintenance. The DNR office didn't even have any maps of it anymore. I still have a map from 20 years ago.

Just curious.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Is the Adventure Trail still being maintained? The reason I ask is about 20 years ago, I and a friend hiked most of it. It had some great vistas above the Ohio River and meandered through Harrison Crawford State Forest. About 5 years ago I was back down there and most of the trailheads appeared to be gone and there was no evidence of trail maintenance. The DNR office didn't even have any maps of it anymore. I still have a map from 20 years ago.

Just curious.
    Not sure, as I haven't done this trail yet, but I've heard of others hiking this trail within the past year or so.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

Just curious.

I don't know either. I have an old map too. I recall there was something about a bridge being out a few years back. Have not looked into it recently.

Here's a link to a DNR Page...
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4238.htm#DNR

And here's a link to the O'Bannon Woods State Park map which shows (at least a partial) trail map for the AHT.http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/files/obannon_woods_trail.pdf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom