• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    940-1. Everything I could really ask for in an EDC blade. US made, Axis-Lock, VERY lightweight, great grip, sleek yet capable, nice blade length, FAST deployment and closing, deep clip, open back for ease of cleaning, great steel, and factory razor sharp. I guess if I could add one thing, it would be jimping on the blade.
    [URL="http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/marekn1/media/INGO%20Thread%20Pictures/IMG_0160_zps625caa93.jpg.html"]
    [IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p671/marekn1/INGO%20Thread%20Pictures/IMG_0160_zps625caa93.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0162_zps5576a756.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0164_zps815b7046.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0163_zps07242b78.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0166_zpsea01740c.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0165_zps0c3d38c0.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0167_zps6658b719.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    Good choice, and a great knife. I really like the handles on that one. It that a new run of these or did you special order it? Mine has the green ones and the coating is worse for wear.
    Like you said, jimping would be nice, but I think it might not fit in with design as a gentleman folder.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    This is the new model 940-1. I believe the one you have is probably the 940? I've wanted a 940 for years, but didn't take to the colors, (and price). Once I noticed this one come out, it was very hard to resist. :)

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    Yes, mine is the 940. I wanted one for several years and got this one used at a price I could not resist.

Those carbon fiber scales are beautiful, I'm just a little jealous...lol!

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    The 940m is already pretty light. I find myself checking that it is still there. It can't hurt to see if they sell the scales separately.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    The 940m is already pretty light. I find myself checking that it is still there. It can't hurt to see if they sell the scales separately.

Just weighed mine. 2.4oz. So a half ounce difference with yours, (if it really matters). I think I'd rather shave a half ounce off my gut than worry about my blade. :):

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Does yours have liners in it? I couldn't really tell from the pics. I thought i saw some in ther but I'm not sure.
    Kind of. I don't know the technical name, but it's kind of a half liner. Goes about 3/4 the way down, but only about a 1/2" wide down the center.
    That's a sweet looking knife! Nice photo skills as well.
    Thanks!
    I can't for the life of me edc a blade in that price point, It took everything I had to drop the coin on a Manix... That being said, nice blade...
    Thank you! I didn't pay retail, so it wasn't as crazy as you think. I picked it up for $210. Makes it my second most expensive blade next to my Infidel. Still, at that price point, I will probably be afraid to REALLY use it for a while. I've EDC'ed my Griptilian for years and used it HARD. Still operates like new.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I can't for the life of me edc a blade in that price point, It took everything I had to drop the coin on a Manix... That being said, nice blade...

Its not collectable at all so it is for sure a user. There are very few knives I would not carry, its what they are made for, all the custom makers will tell you the uber expensive knives they make are meant to be used not just to sit in a safe forever.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Same here... It's definitely a nice blade though. When I shop for EDC blades, I'm looking for something that won't make cringe if it gets messed up. I would probably baby that 940. Nice purchase nonetheless.

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    I can tell you that the 940 will hold up to some tough jobs. Just last week i was rewiring a light fixture and cut some 18guage wire to length and then stripped it back to make the connections. I looked at the edge afterwards and could find no evidence of it cutting wire. I am impressed with this knife.

I buy all my knives to be used for whatever task i am doing at the time. If they don't hold up, they get thrown in the knife box as novelties. Buying knives is like buying any other tool. If it is too cheap it will not hold up over time.

Top Bottom