• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have a German citizen staying with us and she's been very interested in firearms since she arrived. Her grandfather is upset Germany lost the war and hates America. That being said, she loves it here and has been wanting to hit the range for a few months. Today was that day.

We started with a .22, then a .380, then the XD9SC and finally the XD9. She like the SC the best and got fairly proficient after a few magazines.

At one point I realized I was watching a German in America shooting a Croatian gun with Korean ammunition. We are so cosmopolitan...

We then moved to rifle and her first shot with the AK was priceless. HUGE smile and an "I like that". She shot a few mags in the AK and then a few rounds of the Mosin Nagant 91/30 which was too much kick for her.

All in all a fun day at the range even if it was a bit hot. I put my pistol targets to 14y and was still hitting the 5.5" targets about half the time. I found shooting at 7y I was getting lazy because I was settling for decent shots and not taking my time. After shooting at 14y a few times my 7y grouping was phenomenal.

The day ended with me watching a guy shoot his pistol standing up at the 50y targets. I also saw a revolver on a bipod with a scope on the 100y range. Pretty cool stuff.

sampo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Owen County
    I wish my dad would've took me to the range. Look at me now. I have 30 acres, and my own private 50-200 yd. gun range, because I was so deprived, I need it close to me now!:n00b:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I'm sure there are plenty of Mausers available for her to shoot, but if you put a Mauser in her hands, she may have an uncontrollable instinctive urge to point at Paris. That is, after all, how you make a German compass.

Top Bottom