• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    A little while back I bought a Rossi 44mag w/ 24" octagon barrel... Well, the stock that it came with was the most uncomfortable shoulder dagger I've ever shot. It had the crescent moon shape and the lower point would dig right into my shoulder... Well I got fed up with it and decided to do a little custom work... Looky what I did :)

IMAGE_434B8530-18F2-407B-B3D4-0DD386832634.JPG

The only bad part is now that I nicked the stock, I get to refinish it. But I guess it isn't a bad thing considering Rossi's wood coatings are crap.. Oh, and if you are thinking about making a custom butt-plate, don't... It is too much damned work!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Looks pretty nice. Did you have to cut much wood to fit the butt plate? Did you try to find a butt plate from another rifle that might have fit? Anyway it looks good and hope the stock turns out the way you want after you refinish it.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    The following is a profile picture of what it looked like previously. I chopped it off just far enough forward to remove annoying point and the existing buttplate mounting holes. I did look to see if I could find a replacement, but there wasn't anything even close to what I needed. I ended up going and getting some steel stock from the hardware store and made one myself...
    Looks pretty nice. Did you have to cut much wood to fit the butt plate? Did you try to find a butt plate from another rifle that might have fit? Anyway it looks good and hope the stock turns out the way you want after you refinish it.

R92-51003.jpg

Top Bottom