• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sorry I guess I didn't explain that to well. She shoots my 9mm and her fathers guns a bit. It will not be her first shooting experience just her first owned gun. She likes the 38 wheel guns and has shot a rugar and S&W but is now looking for "her gun" I was just looking for recommendations.

A S&W K frame or a Ruger SP101. My recommendations.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Years ago I bought a Taurus 85CH (stainless steel / concealed hammer) because I thought it would be a "simple" gun for her to learn on. I failed to consider that the weight of this gun, the trigger pull, and the generally poor sight picture would eventually lead my wife to not carry it, and really grow to not like it. I put a wollf spring kit in it, and that helped with the trigger pull, but I can't really do anything about the weight or the sight picture, so we have been actively searching for a carry gun that she likes. She wants a semi-auto, but has trouble racking the slide on most compact guns (and isn't interested in carrying anything large). She is currently torn between the Ruger LCR (very light and has a great trigger) and the Sig P238. The best advice anyone can give you is to make certain she understands the pros and cons of each type of gun, but then have her decide what she wants.

Top Bottom