• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The wife and I were sitting on our deck tonight and I told her about the many women in this group who are exercising their 2A rights. She asked me what it took to get her permit and I told her. She said that she might think about getting it, not necessarily to carry, but to add to the number of people who are exercising this right. She believes, as I do, that there are far too many people out there who want to protect us from ourselves and they are willing to usurp our freedom to do it. Thanks to the many women here who inadvertently helped her make this decision. :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hey John, that is a wonderful move for your wife. I'm going to have the same conversation with my wife in a couple of weeks.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    :yesway: Tell your wife, great job!
    Get R Done!

I got my wife to get hers last year, and Im glad she did. She enjoys shooting but as of right now chooses not to carry. But thats ok!

She's on the right track! I think all wives, women should take that step and apply, its a great thing! :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    That is awesome!!

It's also handy for "just in case."

"Just in case" you leave your weapon in the car, and she runs out to the grocery quick, gets pulled over, and the weapon is found.

"Just in case" she has an eye-opening Something Bad Has Happened, and she decides she needs to carry, she doesn't have to wait for weeks or months for that LTCH to arrive, she can carry that day.

"Just in case" you have an accident and are taken to the hospital, she can retrieve your firearm for you without any issues about carrying legally.

Etc. etc.

This is a GREAT decision! :)

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Thats a good step... now convince her she needs to take a safety class so she can be safe with them in the home. Have her sign up for Sheriff Campbell's Ladies Only Intro to Defensive Pistol. Just don't tell her there are basic NRA safety courses available.

It worked for me.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It is also a good thing to have if for some reason a pistol is left in a car you both drive, it is a good idea to be legal with a LTCH.

Micromanager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Just warn her to be careful, especially if you have kids, we can't carry on school property, even in the car. Because you know students...NEVER...shoot in school. Ummmm Columbine?

Top Bottom