• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    The itch for a new handgun hit me recently, so I decided to head to Plainfield Shooting Supplies this morning. Man was that place busy. Unless you were willing to wait for an opening, you couldn't get to any of the display cases to look at the guns. People were lined up the entire length of the counter.

While there, I overheard one of Bob's employees on the phone. It was another employee calling in to ask if Bob wanted some more help today. Bob screamed, "Hell yes! Tell him to come in!" to the employee on the phone.

After I finally made my way to the counter, Bob came over to wait on me. While we were talking back and forth, Bob excused himself to grab a bottle of water and a couple of aspirin. I think he was feeling some serious stress, and it was only about 12:30. After commiting to a purchase, Bob was doing my background check, and as he was about 95% of the way done, he got cut off on the phone. He went into a profanity laced tirade that would make the filthiest truck driver blush. I know he didn't think it was funny, but I had to smile a little at that one.

Here is where my prediction comes in. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm concerned that the number of handgun related accidents is going to spike in the Indy area. I had never been around so many novice gun buyers in my life. I lost count of how many times I got swept with a muzzle. These folks were buying Kel-Tecs, Bersa's , and similar type guns like hot cakes. I think there was a dude there that bought what looked like a Charter Arms hangun along with an $80 shoulder holster. I could be wrong, but he almost didn't look capable of holstering that thing with blowing his toes off.

Top Bottom