• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    While cleanig out one of my fathers rental units, I came across a single shot 12Ga. w/Montgomery Ward on the barrel.

Anyone have any info on this shotgun as far as value and history?:dunno:
    Google has no info on this and I want to know if it's worth restoring.:dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Montgomery Ward and Sears made tons of firearms back in the day. You have a model number?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Actually they didn't make firearms, they had companies like Iver Johnson and Springfield make the gunes with their names on them. The model number will normally be a long series of numbers with a decimal point in the middle...most likely on the barrel.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually they didn't make firearms, they had companies like Iver Johnson and Springfield make the gunes with their names on them. The model number will normally be a long series of numbers with a decimal point in the middle...most likely on the barrel.

True, I defer... Savage, Moossberg, and Stevens did quite a few for them

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    One board I saw after doing a Google search for Montgomery Ward Hawthorne 110 said it is a 20 gauge worth around $100. Gunsamerica has one that sold for $40 (another 20 gauge).

The few 12 gauges I've seen have been worth about $10 more. One sold on one of the auction sites for $60.

Is that an SB110B? If so, looks to be a Savage (should say Vulcan on it somewhere).

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    One board I saw after doing a Google search for Montgomery Ward Hawthorne 110 said it is a 20 gauge worth around $100. Gunsamerica has one that sold for $40 (another 20 gauge).

The few 12 gauges I've seen have been worth about $10 more. One sold on one of the auction sites for $60.

Is that an SB110B? If so, looks to be a Savage (should say Vulcan on it somewhere).

says Montgomery Ward Hawthorne 110
    12 ga, 2 3/4" on barrel.

Top Bottom