• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've been shooting Wolf for years. A buddy and I bought 2000 rounds of the 62 grain stuff a couple years ago. I'm down to a few hundreds remaining & it has fired flawlessly through my Colt (rifle) & two other ARs (1 rifle, 1 carbine).

Until recently...

I put that slide fire stock on one of my guns. Don't haze me, yes, I put it on my Noveske carbine just for fun. This gun would run any brass cased ammo we tried in "bump fire" mode. It wouldn't bump fire any of my Wolf 62 grain or a couple other people's Wolf 55 grain in any type of mag we had. We got FTF. It looked like the Wolf wouldn't fully cycle the bolt to the rear so it didn't pick the next round from the mag.

I've been doing kind of a torture test on this gun & have not cleaned it yet. I can take pictures and it's pretty damn dirty but we also shot hundreds of brass cased rounds too. I ran this gun HOT! I don't think this is a good test to see if Wolf burns dirty.

What I did find is the bolt is now bone dry. I bet oiling the bolt would have helped. I bet swapping in a regular buffer would have helped. I'm running an "H" buffer.

Would I buy more Wolf? Yes. YMMV!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I had a lot of trouble with Tula - it wouldn't go into my Ruger mags. I'd get them about half full and the rounds would stick so I couldn't get in any more. Running all of them through my Lee bullet seater helped - they appreard to be too long. Very dirty, and one primer fire only - stuck a bullet partway down the barrel of my PC9. Good thing I noticed right away. Don't think I'll be getting any more. Also, Berdan primed - can't be reloaded.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    be glad we have a choice.....

opinions aren't always facts, or based on facts.....

you bought the gun, shoot what you want through it...

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've thus far put around 500rds of wolf 55gr through my M&P15 and it's fine. I regularly check the cartridges and there's never anything wrong with them, extractor looks fine and when I shoot on private property I look for the bullets. I have been getting some good lands and grooves, so IF the steel jacket is affecting my rifling, its no different than the other ammo I've shot and examined.

Disclaimer, I didn't use any measuring tools, but this was my perception from the naked eye. It's fairly accurate too, 4moa grouping at 100yds is good enough for my purpose with it(range ammo).

Top Bottom