• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Leestreet and myself have been working on putting this together for several months and have finally got it done. We hope to have a good turnout for those in the Northern part of the state that cannot always travel to some of the events in the southern part of the state.

Meet and Eat: We will meet at the Railroad Inn in Garrett, located at 104 N. Peters st. { you can Google it for directions, zip code 46738 } at 9:00 a.m. for breakfast. You can order of the menu, their food is good and they are gun friendly { OC or CC if you wish } we will be in the West dinning room and have the room to ourselves....don't wan't to scare the women and children. We will try to leave for the range by 10:30.

Shoot: We will leave the restaurant and go about a mile the the Mile Corner Gun & Gallery to shoot located at 4510 St. Rd. 327. about a mile from the restaurant.They have a 8 lane, 50 ft. indoor range and are opening on Sunday just for our group. The cost at the Range will be $15.00 and will get you a 1 year membership(which is required for Insurance purposes) and cover the cost of a Range Officer along with 10 paper targets. You can bring your own targets also or purchase more there @ $.10 ea.

There will be strictly enforced rules while inside the range building for everyones safety. I will not list all of the rules here but the major one is while outside of the firing lanes All weapons will remain UNLOADED and actions open, once you are at your lane the Range Officer will give commands to load and fire you gun. You can have your Mags loaded and ready to go outside of the lanes. We are going to try to keep this to the first 24 people so we can have a rotation of 3 groups of 8 shooting at a time. We are planning to shoot until 1:00 p.m.

We want this to be a fun day and a opportunity to meet other fellow INGO'ers and maybe have the opportunity to fondle different guns you are interested in. Let's keep this to Handguns only, they do allow long guns up to a certain caliber but to keep this moving I want to keep it to Handguns.
    I will update this as things progress. If you are interested post "I'm in" and we will add you to the list.

Due to the initial lack of interest, I am going to leave this up for 1 more week and then close the thread and cancel the the event. We really need 12 to 15 people to committ to this to make to make it happen.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Argh!! I got a weekend day off of work specifically on the 23rd for the 1500...which means I'll likely have to work the 24th! And I've only been going back and forth with you about this since MAY!! Dangit!
    I'll see what I can do. Pencil me in as a solid "maybe". I'll hit you back in PM when I find out what else I can tweak in my schedule.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    P.S. If I can go at all, it might be just for the meet n greet part.
    I'm not a big fan of the indoor shooting...and frankly, Mile Corner's lighting sucks. It's always too dim for me even with amber eyes on.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Good luck with the Northeast Indiana Meet, Eat, and Shoot. We have fun at the NWI Meet and Shoot at Winamac, hope yours will have a large group to enjoy the day. Will be watching to see how the event turned out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom