• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    after running errands yesterday afternoon, i had some time to kill before picking my daughter up from school. i decided to cruise through the local fish & wildlife area and thought i saw 3 swans way out in the water, which wasn't a big surprise. however on the return loop, the birds took flight and headed closer. it ended up they were american white pelicans, which i've never seen around here. by the time i got out of the car and got my phone out, they had already passed over the trees and out of sight.

a quick internet search indicates that they normally stay west of the mississippi when migrating. not a rare bird, but cool to see around here.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've seen these once or twice, and see cranes all the time. I've only seen them on the North side of Indy though, never on the South or East. I know there are a few bald eagles in Greenwood. All of which, I might add, are probably highly illegal to kill, so no one should get any ideas :-P.

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have never seen the pelicans, but I did see a bald eagle in shelby county a few weeks ago. I only saw it that once and have been looking since, nothing. Maybe it was just passing through or on its outer most of its home range

Top Bottom