• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You might try Elmores as well if you don't have any luck. Not sure if you want the cheaper TacStar or the other brand that's twice the price (can't remember the name right off) but I know they have those. After wasting time twice trying to go to TSG and finding the door locked I gave up on them, they need to update the hours on their website if they're only going to work a couple of hours a week.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You might try Elmores as well if you don't have any luck. Not sure if you want the cheaper TacStar or the other brand that's twice the price (can't remember the name right off) but I know they have those. After wasting time twice trying to go to TSG and finding the door locked I gave up on them, they need to update the hours on their website if they're only going to work a couple of hours a week.

I dont do elmores. They called me a "fake" gunsmith, said i wasnt old enough to really know what i was doing.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I dont do elmores. They called me a "fake" gunsmith, said i wasnt old enough to really know what i was doing.

I guess I wouldn't go there either. I better not ever tell them I used to work on 1911's and hi-powers but I am older than you so maybe I would not be insulted. Not really sure I would strictly use age as a barometer for competence though. I remember a story once where this guy who had been with a company for twenty years got passed over for promotion by a younger guy, he complained that he had been there twenty years, but was told he only knew the equivalent of one year of experience twenty times.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

It's funny, the last time I'll ever go there, they had a customer's Kel-Tec stripped down, and instead of looking up instructions, they were cussing at the customer for having a Kel-Tec and were just jamming parts in to see what worked :n00b:

P.S. they also contract their gun smithing out anymore, so I've been told. They don't work on their own stuff.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I went to bradis and picked on up. aswesome experience as always.

and just a side note, there were customers that were in the back looking at a gun and i was looking at the stuff on the wall and walked in front of them and both of them were VERY muzzle consious.

dont think i have ever had a bad experience at bradis.

Top Bottom