• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Very surprised no one has mentioned the Quantum PT series of reels with the 7:1 "Burner" gears. I have two, 1 baitcast and 1 spinning and love them both.
    I agree that the St. Croix is the best rod for the money.
    Good luck and happy fishin!

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Very surprised no one has mentioned the Quantum PT series of reels with the 7:1 "Burner" gears. I have two, 1 baitcast and 1 spinning and love them both.
    I agree that the St. Croix is the best rod for the money.
    Good luck and happy fishin!

I love my St. Croix mojo. it was only $100 bucks. its a 7' medium power fast action.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have 4 St.Croix rods, but will buy no more. Their warranty is very deceptive. It cost nearly half as much as the initial cost of the rod for shipping and return service. I had to cheat and pull a fast one not to have to throw good money after bad.

I don't mean to trash anyone's gear. I still use mine, hoping for no further defects. However people should be warned about a "lifetime replacement" warranty that doesn't pay for shipping.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    [STRIKE]That varies by model. I think it's avid or above, you get free shipping. At least that's the way it used to be.[/STRIKE]

Just went and looked. Shows how long it's been since I used them for a warranty claim.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    well when ever you pull that cover if you need someone to tag along i would be more than willing to go. i only get to fish ponds and corries around here. and would like someone to teach me the lake style.

A great way to learn, and get out on a boat, is to find a local bass club and join. Most clubs fish several tournaments a year. In my club we fish 8 tournaments. They are $25 for the tournament and we have 2 $5 optional pots per tournament. You get to fish from a boat and most are very low pressure. A little money and bragging rights is all. It's a great way to learn without a big outlay of money. And through 12 yares or so of club fishing, I've made some great friends as well. I would love to invite you to our club, but we have the same number of boaters as non boaters right now. To find a club look on bassmaster.com and also FLW. both have large numbers of clubs here in IN and across the country.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    BEST BEST BEST, bang for the buck combo, is a berkly AMP 6,0 medium rod, w/ a shimano solstace 1000FI and 10 pound braid.

It will fit 220 yards of 10 pound braid, its SUPER SUPER light, and has amazing action and feel for what you paid. total package price should be right around 90 bucks w/ taxs. rod 30, real 40, yarn 15.

I have fished with this (mine is a medium heavy) for walley basse striper you name it, even had some guys who only used the best of the best 500 dollar per rod setups who said the really liked the way it felt and didnt believe me when i told them it was sub 100 dollars.

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    I have 4 St.Croix rods, but will buy no more. Their warranty is very deceptive. It cost nearly half as much as the initial cost of the rod for shipping and return service. I had to cheat and pull a fast one not to have to throw good money after bad.

I don't mean to trash anyone's gear. I still use mine, hoping for no further defects. However people should be warned about a "lifetime replacement" warranty that doesn't pay for shipping.

I agree, I didn't pay the shipping to St Croix. I had 5 rods fixed, eyes on st Croix, Extreme and Lightning rods. Under $20 for all 5 at a local rod repair. When I got them back I couldnt tell which ones he fixed.

He did a great job

index

Top Bottom